Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3570k and hd 4870
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zinga

Hi there,

I'm going to buy an i5 3570k, a z77 motherboard and 2 ddr3 memory sticks (4go each). I don't have enough money to replace my hd 4870 yet, so i'll wait a bit. But, since dolphin is cpu dependent, i was thinking that it wouldn't matter at all (2,5*-3* internal resolution), with an oc i5 3570k (4,4 ghz), i'll still be able to max almost every game out there right?

ps : i'm not too sure about 2*5-3* internal resolution though, which would mean something like 1680*1050 or 1920*1080, some say a hd 4870 is more than enough if i have a 3570k oc cpu.

Thank you for your answers
4870 will do just fine , it has more memory bandwidth than 4xIR MB requirement -> You can use 4x IR if you want to

zinga

Looks like i'll be fine then right? I thought it would be this way, but i wasn't sure about it, since processors have to be so powerful with dolphin : i didn't want one component to bottleneck the other.

Oh, by the way, i should have asked, will a 4,4 ghz oc be enough to maw out aaaalllll the games, or are there some exceptions out there?
Thanks again
(02-02-2013, 10:51 PM)zinga Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, by the way, i should have asked, will a 4,4 ghz oc be enough to maw out aaaalllll the games, or are there some exceptions out there?

Most games will run just fine. Only some very demanding games will "resist" such as TLS for example Tongue