Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about Dolphin saving the shaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

As far as I know Dolphin saves the shaders of a game in a folder, so that it doesn't have to generate them agian ..
Against all the dislike I get from using older revisions, the older revisions seem to delete these saved shaders after each session of dolphin .. The result of saving these shaders are constant cracklings and lags while playing the game .. In never revisions dolphin semms to keep the shaders.. So my question is, where exactly saves dolphin these shaders and is it possible that I can copy the folder while a running session and paste it somewhere else on the computer, so that I can paste them into the folder again, after Dolphin erased them? .. Hope someone understood this ..
The shader cache is deleted because when the shader generation code changes, the shaders are no longer compatible. Newer versions seem to keep these because the shader cache hasn't changed in a while.

If you want to avoid this, either stop switching between revisions or use OpenGL (which doesn't currently cache shaders). Don't bother trying to avoid the autodeletion thing, it's there for good reason (you'd get crashes and graphical glitches in most cases).
I only use older revisions because I can record the games with fraps ..
If I record games on newer revisions the framerate drops drastic ..
Actually I don't understand this, while I have a CPU with four cores @ 3.3Ghz
Dolphin only uses 2 cores, but I guess Windows is sqeezing fraps onto the second core instead of putting it to the third one .. But Windows doesn't let me assign sessions to a special core :/
FRAPS sucks for recording and has a lot of issues like this. I've had a lot more success with dxtory.
Really? I don't know this programm, I'll try it ..
Wow that DxTory is pretty amazing, but to get a smooth captured video you seem to need 3 or more HDDs at once .. that's insane!
If you have a good internet connection (good upload) you can stream your video on twitch.tv for example, and all your video will be stored on twitch.

I don't know if you can stream directly from Dxtory, I use Open Broadcaster Software
slax65 Wrote:but to get a smooth captured video you seem to need 3 or more HDDs at once .. that's insane!

No you don't. It works fine with one HDD on my rig. It has the option to allow you to use more than one HDD but it is not required.
When I use DxTory I get an audio-delay ..
It starts slowly after about 3 minutes of capturing and gets harder the more I record .. Do you know how to get rid of that audio-delay??