Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Double Dash stuttering at 60FPS 100% SPEED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

BRADGUIN93

When I play double dash on dolphin emulator, I get ALOT of stuttering and I have no idea why!

When Im playing the game, it says I have 60 FPS and the games runs 100% SPEED...

Here's my PC spec's:

Intel i5 3570k
AMD HD 7850
Asrock Z77 Motherboard
8GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance RAM
1TB HDD
1920x1080 monitor
Win7 Ultimate x64

Im a PC gamer, and im pretty sure my PC can handle all GC games with no problems!

Im using Dolphin version 3.5-336 btw..

My dolphin graphics settings are:
backend: OpenGL (should i be using DX11? I have no idea im new to dolphin)
res: 1920x1080
aspect ratio: Stretch to window
Fullscreen is activated
2x natvie
4x AA
8x AF

Please tell me if I should be using different settings as im new to all this stuff!! [Image: grin.gif]

Does it matter what region the game is? Mario Kart Double Dash is NTSC and iv put my settings to NTSC and the problem still occurs :/

Any help is very much appreciated!
Try using the DX9 video backend.

BRADGUIN93

(02-02-2013, 05:38 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the DX9 video backend.
Thanks for the quick reply, Ill try that now. Smile

(02-02-2013, 05:40 AM)BRADGUIN93 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2013, 05:38 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the DX9 video backend.
Thanks for the quick reply, Ill try that now. Smile
Ok, I just went to try it in DX9 and it didnt work at all Huh I changed it back to OpenGL and that wouldn't work either!! I get the 'Nintendo' logo and thats literally it ... just a black screen. The 'Nintendo' intro logo bit appears to be all audio laggy.

Is it possible I may just have a bad version of mario kart or something? Because Zelda - Wind Waker and Animal Crossing run fine.

Is there a more stable version of dolphin i could use? Im currently using 3.5-336.
Try all of the following individually (as in don't do them at the same time):
1. Set framelimit to audio (first tab of the main settings)
2. Turn on vsync (first tab of your graphics settings)
3. Turn on openMP (second tab of your graphics settings)
4. Turn on vsync and set framelimit to audio at the same time
5. Try JITIL recompiler (first tabe of the main settings)

Tell me if any of those worked.
(02-02-2013, 05:40 AM)BRADGUIN93 Wrote: [ -> ]I get the 'Nintendo' logo and thats literally it ... just a black screen.

MKDD needs you to press the "A" button after all the logos to go in-game.
Today i started with Mario kart Double Dash, i use motioninjoy and 1 sixaxis, the game os very beautifull and under 60fps its runing in diferente dos ali the time from 40 to 60, but its perfect, how can it be?

My second sixaxis do not pair with motioninjoy and Bluetooth dongle, its because this second sixaxis os not original or the program do not permit more than 1 control ?
Can you explain, what do you exactly mean with this?

Quote:the game os very beautifull and under 60fps its runing in diferente dos ali the time from 40 to 60, but its perfect, how can it be?
The game s running in a very good way with the fps not fixed, sometimes its 40 45 50 55 60 35 38 40 50 35 60 59.......

Its normal?

Another doubt, how i can see my speed displayed in the top window like the fps ?

thanks defender
Ah, so you get FPS drops? Well, try the settings for best speed (link in my signature).

And btw: It's not possible to display the game speed (in %) in the top left corner of the window. You can only display the FPS by checking "Show FPS".
I saw in zelda windwaker posts where many people posts screenshots with fps, vps and speed in the left top bar..
Pages: 1 2