Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Opinions on My PC Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SuperFunnyBros

CPU: Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.3 GHz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

RAM: 6.0 GB

Dolphin Version: 3.5 (I can't remember the exact build, but I believe it is somewhere in the 200s.)

List of games wanting to run: Need for Speed Carbon, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need for Speed Underground 2, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Resident Evil 1, and Eternal Darkness.

NOTE: The list of games were not in the original post, I apologize if I did not include them to begin with.
Please give your thoughts on what I can run and not run with these specs and on what settings (low, med, high). Thank you.
Smile
This is not a proper thread. Pls read the rules of the "Hardware" forum, thanks.
Quote:Don't list your specs and then run off. Listing your specs (PC hardware information) and then asking what speeds you should expect would not be a valid post. Other things are needed from you, like exactly which games you want to play and what level of graphic detail you want or expect. Depending on the game, full-speed can be achieved on an average PC or the game could need a PC that is very powerful. It's not a simple all yes or all no answer (unless your PC is really outdated), so give more details when you post.

Yo, we need to know what kind of games you're looking to play. Depending on what you want to play, your PC could be terrible or perfect.

SuperFunnyBros

(01-31-2013, 07:30 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I edited the main post; I hope what I added fulfills the requirements of a post
Quote:Don't list your specs and then run off. Listing your specs (PC hardware information) and then asking what speeds you should expect would not be a valid post. Other things are needed from you, like exactly which games you want to play and what level of graphic detail you want or expect. Depending on the game, full-speed can be achieved on an average PC or the game could need a PC that is very powerful. It's not a simple all yes or all no answer (unless your PC is really outdated), so give more details when you post.

Yo, we need to know what kind of games you're looking to play. Depending on what you want to play, your PC could be terrible or perfect.
Well, the Intel HD Graphics is very weak. Only 1x IR (480p) is possible. The i5-2410M will use Turbo Boost to 2.5/2.6GHz (Dolphin uses 2 cores).

The games will be playable, but you will have some performance problems with Zelda TP though.

SuperFunnyBros

(01-31-2013, 07:56 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the Intel HD Graphics is very weak. Only 1x IR (480p) is possible. The i5-2410M will use Turbo Boost to 2.5/2.6GHz (Dolphin uses 2 cores).

The games will be playable, but you will have some performance problems with Zelda TP though.
I expected the Intel HD Graphics to be inadequate. I plan on building my own PC in the near future so that I can play them in the settings as they are suppose to be.
Actually all the games you listed are very demanding. Don't expect too much with that processor (I got the same one on my laptop)
Resident Evil 1 will be alright if you use the "accurate VBeam" option by right clicking on the game in the game list -> properties. Eternal Darkness isn't very demanding either. Stick to "DX9", "1x internal resolution" and "efb to texture" and you should be fine as long as the laptop doesn't overheat.
If you want to get the best experience, use the settings for best speed (link in my signature) and use the official Dolphin 3.5 release or the latest git version of Dolphin.