Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin fails to compile on linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using archlinux x86_64 and I have build thousands of dolphin revisions before, but the last one is returning this error:

[100%] Building CXX object Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/Src/WxUtils.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/Src/GLInterface/GLX.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/Src/GLInterface/X11_Util.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/Src/X11Utils.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable ../../../Binaries/dolphin-emu
../AudioCommon/libaudiocommon.a(PulseAudioStream.cpp.o): In function `PulseAudio::SoundLoop()':
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x91): undefined reference to `pa_simple_new'
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x102): undefined reference to `pa_simple_write'
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x145): undefined reference to `pa_simple_free'
../AudioCommon/libaudiocommon.a(PulseAudioStream.cpp.o): In function `PulseAudio:TongueulseInit()':
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x466): undefined reference to `pa_simple_new'
../AudioCommon/libaudiocommon.a(PulseAudioStream.cpp.o): In function `PulseAudio::Write(void const*, unsigned long)':
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x4fc): undefined reference to `pa_simple_write'
../AudioCommon/libaudiocommon.a(PulseAudioStream.cpp.o): In function `PulseAudio:TongueulseShutdown()':
PulseAudioStream.cppSad.text+0x4e5): undefined reference to `pa_simple_free'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: ** [Binaries/dolphin-emu] Erro 1
make[1]: ** [Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/all] Erro 2
make: ** [all] Erro 2

how to fix that?
Delete your build directory and rebuild from scratch. CMake is probably confused.
(01-31-2013, 01:35 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Delete your build directory and rebuild from scratch. CMake is probably confused.
thank you, I will do that

AndroSynth

Currently running Arch64 as well and getting the same error.

A handful of errors in PulseAudioStream.cpp that are undefined references.

I'm assuming it has to do with Pulse Audio. However on my system I'm only using ALSA at the moment and didn't have any trouble building previous versions of Dolphin the same as Killown.

When I run "cmake .." as per the instructions on google code it says it found pulseaudio on my system, hence it tries to compile with pulseaudio enabled?

I fiddled a little with CmakeLists and tried to disable pulseaudio by default to no avail.

Is pulseaudio required to build Dolphin? If so I assume I should install pulseaudio to fix dependencies?
If not is there a way I can build Dolphin without using Pulseaudio?

Thanks in advance.
(01-31-2013, 01:35 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Delete your build directory and rebuild from scratch. CMake is probably confused.