Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game very laggy and slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jamieking86

Hi guys wondering if you could help me.
Decided to give the dolphin emulator a go. I'm trying to play Resident Evil Zero, at first after loading it, it came up with the message "FIFO is overflown by gatherpipe. CPU thread is too fast" I right clicked on the game, properties and disabled Enable dual core, then it loaded fine. All the cutscenes run fine, the FPS shows its running at 45-50 with no lag, but as soon as the game starts its really laggy and slow and the FPS goes down to 9-10. I've tried different graphics, and i've realised its slightly better with OpenGL but not much. I would say my PC is good enuf to run it. My specs are:
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Sempron 145 Processor 2.8ghz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 210 Graphics card.

I realise its not the best PC of all time but it runs big games like dead space, dead space 2 etc fine so i would have thought it could run an emulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Your CPU is way too slow. Forget Dolphin...

Jamieking86

(01-30-2013, 09:50 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is way too slow. Forget Dolphin...
Really? I thought it would be fine, as i say it runs pc games great.
(01-30-2013, 11:38 PM)Jamieking86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2013, 09:50 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is way too slow. Forget Dolphin...
Really? I thought it would be fine, as i say it runs pc games great.

You can't compare PC games to emulated games. PC games are more GPU dependent. Dolphin is more CPU dependent

Jamieking86

fair enough thanks for your help.
I tried it on my other PC instead, which has quad core processor and it runs fine on that one, but i can't manage to get the game fullscreen. I've tried all aspect ratio, ticked the use fullscreen option, but the window is missing 2 inch at either side of the screen when i load the game. Any ideas?
Do not enable fullscreen option , use "alt-enter" to toggle fullscreen
Resolution : 1366x768 or 1920x1080 , Aspect Ratio : Stretch to Windows and enable "Widescreen hack" . This will force even 4:3 Gamecube game fill up your screen (widescreen hack will cause graphic issues on some games though)
Set your IR to 1x and turn dual core mode off. Both of those should help.