Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Give Dolphin A Boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Try this program it called Game Booster it close all unnecessary programs and process that may be running it your PC run it before you star dolphin and it will give you 5 to 10 fps try it

heres the download is 100% free http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Game Booster
Highly Recommended by Most PC Gamers!

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts. It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of Microsoft® Windows Vista® and XP® ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business – gaming. Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!
The best part. It's 100% free and safe!

Designed for Windows 2000, Vista, XP and Windows 7

lucido

If you have a modern mid to high end system this tool is mostly snake oil. A better approach is ensuring a malware free computer and defragging every month.
well man check my system if it help me it can help anybody have you try i before posting
Hey i tried it and i found out that if you put it wit my boost program it goes even better...lol i got almost 15 extra fsp at some spots and then 5 at the super slow glitchy spots...yayyyy...lol all mine is a batch file...copy this into NOTEPAD

TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
start /high /wait DolphinWX.exe
start explorer.exe

and save it as dolphin.bat..........p.s. if the dolphin you use is not dolphinwx.exe and is dolphin.exe or dolphinIL.exe all you have to do is change it...its rite in there...actually you could change the dolhinWX.exe to any program for top perfomance...i have san andraes on my computer...the pc version and it runs like a charm when i use the batch file with it.....well any just try running both once....and yea everything will dissappear behind the emulator and you will have a blank screen and a black box will pop up and then the emulator...to get out of it just close the emulator and it will go back to normal....thats what the start explorer.exe means...lol so dont worry about it...and if dolphin freezes just log off or restart computer..no harm done
yeah hansenderek it really give more fps with your way combined
Bump in case some people haven't seen this.
I can personally test that the gamebooster is a nice program. For me, My processes drop in the task bar from 32 processes to 26 and that still included my anti virus and firewall programs. In game I'm seeing a good 3-5 fps increase in games such as Tat vs Capcom and Mario Kart wii. Besides dolphin, I ran the street fighter 4 benchmark test. My results were 10703 at 80 fps before to 88 fps 11000 now.

SCORE: 10703
AVERAGE: 80.25FPS
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 2046MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
Display Setting: 1440x900 60Hz

©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2008, 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

SCORE: 11000
AVERAGE: 87.2FPS
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 2046MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
Display Setting: 1440x900 60Hz

©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2008, 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I personally don't like the ideal of turning off my explorer.exe process. Great job letting us know about the gamebooster program. If anyone feels weird about going to that website let me send a alternative link. Cnet is always legit and guaranteed to never have any spyware, viruses etc.

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/30...?tag=mncol
wow, i was really skeptic at first but this helps a lot and is much faster then manualy shutting down all the processes, thanks!

cmccmc

it's by iobit so of course it's good. I've been using this app since it was released.
Pages: 1 2