Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hello, Monster Hunter Tri on the net-play connectivity, Is there any way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Daekwon_Yun

Dolphin appreciated Monster Hunter, but also as my friends and hunting again, I want to try.

Net Play Equipment We've got a lot more!

Wii controller support should not think you've seen in some posts, but still impossible Net Play Monster Hunter Tri?

Then, when the occasion?

Thank you. Big Grin (Google translate is..)
I forget, does MH3 use WFC?

Daekwon_Yun

(01-29-2013, 01:12 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I forget, does MH3 use WFC?

Sad Well ... MH3 Monster Hunter 3?
Have absolutely no idea about the whole WFC .. It Some Program?

Thanks Smile
WFC = WiFi Connect this is how real Wii consoles connect for online play using Nintendo's servers. This feature is not yet fully functional in Dolphin so it's not supported.

Dolphin supports net-play for multiplayer games where the other players normally would need to be sitting at the console, looking at the same screen, e.g. Super Smash Bros. Melee is a good example. If MH 3 supports this kind of local two-player mode, you and a friend can use Dolphin's netplay to connect your two PCs over the internet.

Dolphin does not support using emulated Wiimotes for netplay, if I remember correctly, so MH 3 might be out of the question.

Daekwon_Yun

(01-29-2013, 03:54 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]WFC = WiFi Connect this is how real Wii consoles connect for online play using Nintendo's servers. This feature is not yet fully functional in Dolphin so it's not supported.

Dolphin supports net-play for multiplayer games where the other players normally would need to be sitting at the console, looking at the same screen, e.g. Super Smash Bros. Melee is a good example. If MH 3 supports this kind of local two-player mode, you and a friend can use Dolphin's netplay to connect your two PCs over the internet.

Dolphin does not support using emulated Wiimotes for netplay, if I remember correctly, so MH 3 might be out of the question.

Undecided Thanks..

Well ...Still not completely unfamiliar with the English does not make sense. Confused

Idea How do I said you could meet as two of the PC?
If it's not, the MH3 Net Play in the future is impossible to say? Sad

Thanks Big Grin
Monster Hunter 3 is quite demanding . Netplay = disable dual core which mean you will have to run game in single core mode
The requirement would be crazy strong CPU for both side (2 PC must have something like i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz or even higher)
Edit : You also need to use LLE backend for the audio

Daekwon_Yun

(01-29-2013, 05:52 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Monster Hunter 3 is quite demanding . Netplay = disable dual core which mean you will have to run game in single core mode
The requirement would be crazy strong CPU for both side (2 PC must have something like i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz or even higher)
Edit : You also need to use LLE backend for the audio

Thanks.. Sad
I believe all of you are confusing him.

I believe he means online play, not NetPlay.

Yes Dolphin does support online MH3 using Dolphin, but it is on a work in progress branch and not ready for public use. It needs certs and other things.
@Parlane - That's what I explained, the difference between WFC and net-play (apparently MH3 has split-screen multiplayer, so it supports both, OP specified neither). AFAIK, there are still some issues relating to player-IDs (sth like all Dolphin users will look the same on Nintendo's servers) and because of that it's not officially supported here on the forums until it can get sorted and merged into master.
(01-29-2013, 09:34 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]@Parlane - That's what I explained, the difference between WFC and net-play (apparently MH3 has split-screen multiplayer, so it supports both, OP specified neither). AFAIK, there are still some issues relating to player-IDs (sth like all Dolphin users will look the same on Nintendo's servers) and because of that it's not officially supported here on the forums until it can get sorted and merged into master.
That specific issue is solved actually Tongue
Pages: 1 2