Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dedicated Video Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried researching the problem but I still can't get it to work. I've been using Dolphin for some time but I haven't in a month. It was yesterday where I decided to play it again but I noticed that the Dedicated video card wasn't shown anymore, just the Intel HD Graphics. The settings were always run with graphics processor - high performance Nvidia processor but it just doesn't use on Dolphin anymore. I see the GPU activity doesn't change when Dolphin is running but when I play other PC games, it uses the Nvidia graphic card (GeForce 420M btw) according to the GPU activity. I tried downgrading my drivers to beta, but didn't work. Any ideas, suggestions?

I've tried the latest Dolphin, Dolphin 3.0, and Dolphin 3.5 with no luck. Again the Nvidia settings are defaulted to always run on the high-performance card and it runs on every game other than the Dolphin emulator.
Have you had a look through this thread? This is a common issue, so be sure to read the solutions posted in the thread carefully.
(01-28-2013, 06:27 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had a look through this thread? This is a common issue, so be sure to read the solutions posted in the thread carefully.
Yes I have.

Tried post #6, and it's not listed; other PC games are, however.
Tried updating drivers, even downgrading to beta ones.
Selected High Performance from the battery icon, when plugged in.
When to the Nvidia Control Panel and the default was the high-end graphics dedicated card.

I don't get it. It worked in the past when I did the rightclick run with --> method.
From what I understand, Dolphin will display the Intel HD IGP but it will actually use your other GPU. Have you tried each of the methods you listed while measuring GPU activity? A quick way to tell if it's really using the Intel IGP or not is to simply run a non-demanding game (NSMB Wii for example) but at a high resolution like 3x IR. The Intel IGP will choke and you'll notice it in terms of FPS; your other GPU shouldn't.
(01-28-2013, 06:46 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, Dolphin will display the Intel HD IGP but it will actually use your other GPU. Have you tried each of the methods you listed while measuring GPU activity? A quick way to tell if it's really using the Intel IGP or not is to simply run a non-demanding game (NSMB Wii for example) but at a high resolution like 3x IR. The Intel IGP will choke and you'll notice it in terms of FPS; your other GPU shouldn't.
Mhm, the Intel IGP choked....it's not using the other GPU.
(01-28-2013, 07:03 AM)tanw42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2013, 06:46 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, Dolphin will display the Intel HD IGP but it will actually use your other GPU. Have you tried each of the methods you listed while measuring GPU activity? A quick way to tell if it's really using the Intel IGP or not is to simply run a non-demanding game (NSMB Wii for example) but at a high resolution like 3x IR. The Intel IGP will choke and you'll notice it in terms of FPS; your other GPU shouldn't.
Mhm, the Intel IGP choked....it's not using the other GPU.
Any luck? Like I said, it worked for along time in the past but suddenly, it just stopped showing on the graphics settings. Now it's only using the dedicated...