Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cleanrip crashes back to homebrew channel trying to rip Xenoblade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im using a 4gb USB stick after it failed to rip with my 2 gb SD.

3 GB Chunks
Dual Layer Yes
Yes for the other option

It crashes back to the homebrew channel after 2 sessions. I am able to get to around 75-80% before it crashes with the USB sticks. The SD card only made it around 60%.

This is really the only Wii game I want to rip....
That's due to insufficient space. Xenoblade is like 7,91GB large.
You should really use an external harddrive when you're ripping games.
(01-28-2013, 12:17 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]That's due to insufficient space. Xenoblade is like 7,91GB large.
You should really use an external harddrive when you're ripping games.
Well I am ripping 3 gb chunks. It works for the first. I copy the bca and iso file from the USB to my pc. Then I delete them from the USB slot and put it back in the wii and start the next chunk. It does the next one fine. Then I repeat said process and it crashes on the third section which starts @ 75%.

I just deleted everything off my USB. 3.60 GB free formatted Fat32 quick format.

Started the process over, crossing fingers, and praying. I would almost kill to play this dang game on my PC. Ni No Kuni can wait.
Oh, I missed the chunk part.
Try using smaller chunks, e.g. 2GB instead of 3GB. See if that works.

Just for verification sake, you're using the latest CleanRIP (1.0.5) right?
(01-28-2013, 12:52 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I missed the chunk part.
Try using smaller chunks, e.g. 2GB instead of 3GB. See if that works.

Just for verification sake, you're using the latest CleanRIP (1.0.5) right?
Yes sir.

I had about 100 mbs of pictures on the drive before so I transferred them and am trying a clean run this time. One question is, everytime I do the chunks it copies a new bca file to the USB stick. Do I need to have multiple BCA files?
Just completed in 55 minutes.

It did however say It wasn't verified with REDump or something along those lines. Is that normal?

Also, any pointers to the next step to put it together and get it running on Dolphin?
Good to hear it finally dumped properly.
Now you'll have to merge all these chunks together into one iso file.

To do that, you must first open a command prompt window.
(I recommend browsing to the directory with Explorer, hold SHIFT and right-click in the directory. Select the option "Open command window here".)

Now you'll have to use the "copy" command to merge these files into one iso.
Simply type the following into the command prompt.
(The /B is to specify that this is a binary file)
Code:
copy /B xenoblade.iso.part1+xenoblade.iso.part2 xenoblade_chronicles.iso

If you have more parts, simply add another + and continue on adding. When you're done, press space and fill in what you want to name the merged iso.
My file names are

SX4E01.part0.iso
SX4EO1.part1.iso
SX3EO1.part2.iso
SX4EO1.bca

I don't know if the O after the E is a zero but I am trying both ways and its saying part 0 access is denied.

EDIT - I ran it in admin mode and it seems to be working. Its currently copying. What do I do with the bca file? Any other programs I need until I can start running the ISO on Dolphin.

Btw, thanks so much for the help. This is going to be a big win for me....until I have to go in tonight @ 6....
n1Catastrophe Wrote:What do I do with the bca file?
You can delete them if you want. You don't need them.

Quote:Any other programs I need until I can start running the ISO on Dolphin.
Nope. Once it's done, it should work fine if you have dumped it properly.
Yeah, I edited the above post.

It worked great after I started admin mode. Now I have to patch it for higher FPS and maybe get the HD pack. And wow @ these settings, crazy amount.

That being said, just increasing the resolution to 1080p made me smile big time. Its actually great looking. I first noticed how much of a difference that made with FF12 going from native to 1080p

Any threads regarding getting this running properly? Also, can I use a wired 360 controller?
Pages: 1 2