Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop for JRPGs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

p_987

Hello!

I'm planning to buy a new laptop and I wonder if this spec should allow me to play my favorite games:

Core i5 3210M 2,5GHz (Ivy Bridge)
GeForce GT620M 1GB
4GB RAM

Games I would like to play:

Tales of Symphonia (GameCube)
Tales of Symphonia II (Wii)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Last Story (Wii)

Thanks in advance for your replies Smile
Both TOS will be playable (with sound issues if you can't use LLE).
But your CPU is too weak for Xenoblade and TLS
Case A - If laptop does not overheat while dolphin is running , turbo boost works properly (2.9GHz - 2 cores active)
_His CPU can run Xenoblade near full speed all the time with HLE
_The Last Story will run like 60% speed (About 17 or 18 FPS with "EFB copies to RAM" on ruli / lazulis city)
Case B - Laptop overheat , CPU is underclocked
_All games will run slow like hell . Well , this is normal for a multi-media laptop with its crappy cooling design
(01-27-2013, 11:25 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Both TOS will be playable (with sound issues if you can't use LLE).

Ever since 3.0-809, the audio for the 1st ToS game on HLE has been acceptable (no missing notes, some of the volumes were incorrect) but this game runs perfectly fine since the New AX HLE merge (3.5-77). Assuming the laptop Turbo Boosts correctly, it should play the first ToS game decently. Not so sure about the sequel, but like the others said, it's too weak for TLS or Xenoblade.
Basically with admin-kun said.

Tales of Symphonia will probably run at fullspeed most of the time with HLE. Just make sure to use the latest builds for proper audio.
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World will also run at fullspeed most of the time with drops here and there. Especially at the last cutscenes.
(I haven't tried DotnW with the latest builds, so don't quote me on that)