Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LoZ Windwaker - Game freezes after cut-scenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I noticed that in newer revisions Windwaker keeps freezing after cut-scenes ..
It happens randomly, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ..
It has to be something about the sound, cauze always when music does not play, the game freezes ..

Is it a current issue or is there something that I can set so that it works fine?

Thx for answers
If memory servers, it has been an issue for some time if you use HLE audio. You need to use LLE to completely eliminate all of the "grey screens"
Actually I don't have any "grey screens" ..
When a cut-scene ends, it gets faded out with a black screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3djy6Ednc

Look at 00:14:09 for example or 00:17:50

These are points where the game crashes/freezes, after the screen fades out to a black screen you expect that there will be a new scene faded in but the screen just keeps black and you have to reset the game ..
(01-27-2013, 11:08 PM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I don't have any "grey screens" ..
When a cut-scene ends, it gets faded out with a black screen

Same thing. Use LLE
(01-27-2013, 10:40 PM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks,

It has to be something about the sound, cauze always when music does not play, the game freezes ..

Is it a current issue or is there something that I can set so that it works fine?

Thx for answers

Your profile says that you're using an old unsupported build. Use something newer. http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
There's something else you can try with HLE: in Config/General set Framelimit to "Audio" (rather than "Auto" or "60" as recommended in the Wiki).
This worked really fine for me with Dolphin 3.0 (and older builds) but settings slightly differed: in Config/General set Framelimit to "Off" and in DSP enable "Audio Throttle"
(01-27-2013, 11:32 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2013, 10:40 PM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks,

Thx for answers

Your profile says that you're using an old unsupported build. Use something newer. http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Haha, it must be the 1000nth time I write this:

In my opinion, newer revisions are useless (only for me) because they eat far too much of CPU power than older ones (and most of them even cause more glitches) .. I only download newer revisions sometimes (about one time in a month) to see if games, which are not running on older versions very properly, finally run fine or better ..
I only play about 3 or 4 Wii games and some GCN games .. The Wii games (Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 9 for example) are running perfectly on r6546, while most GCN games such as Mario Sunshine, Windwaker, Mario Golf T., Wario Wario Inc. ... are running acceptable to miserable, either it's the fog what's missing, or not correct rendered shaders, or the pixels are all in a tumble ..
Besides, there is a thread in this forum where the revisions with the best performances are listed, and what do you think? it's r6546 and r6515 Tongue
Acually I used r6515 before, but r6546 is much more accurate, but might a bit slower ..
Ok, don't expect to get support from here then. Thread closed.