Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why cant i play at normal speed in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my name is Hector im new here.

As my question states why is that

i have a macbook pro 2011, which has windows 7 and osx mountain lion

Specs
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Memory Ram: 16GB
Some games will work fine on your system but some games won't. Particularly if these are demanding games. Which games are you trying to play?
(01-27-2013, 04:48 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Some games will work fine on your system but some games won't. Particularly if these are demanding games. Which games are you trying to play?
theres alot of them but i usually play smash bros meele and mario kard double dash
(01-27-2013, 07:00 AM)hector09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2013, 04:48 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Some games will work fine on your system but some games won't. Particularly if these are demanding games. Which games are you trying to play?
theres alot of them but i usually play smash bros meele and mario kard double dash

These games aren't really demanding. They should be playable. What speed do you get?
By any chance were you trying to use multiplayer for melee or double dash? I hear that multiplayer slows the emulation down by an order of magnitude compared to single player.
(01-27-2013, 09:28 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2013, 07:00 AM)hector09 Wrote: [ -> ]

These games aren't really demanding. They should be playable. What speed do you get?
when im playing it starts normally 60 for both spd 100% but then i play like 10-20 min it goes down to 30 and speed goes down to 60% and no i dont have anything opened just dolphin

(01-27-2013, 09:56 AM)shellashock Wrote: [ -> ]By any chance were you trying to use multiplayer for melee or double dash? I hear that multiplayer slows the emulation down by an order of magnitude compared to single player.
no i dont play multiplayer on dolphin
(01-27-2013, 10:06 AM)hector09 Wrote: [ -> ]when im playing it starts normally 60 for both spd 100% but then i play like 10-20 min it goes down to 30 and speed goes down to 60% and no i dont have anything opened just dolphin
This sounds like your CPU is overheating and stopping turbo-boosting to me.
(01-27-2013, 10:15 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2013, 10:06 AM)hector09 Wrote: [ -> ]when im playing it starts normally 60 for both spd 100% but then i play like 10-20 min it goes down to 30 and speed goes down to 60% and no i dont have anything opened just dolphin
This sounds like your CPU is overheating and stopping turbo-boosting to me.
oh yes i forgot to tell u when my computer over heats it starts getting slow dolphin i mean
Disassembly your laptop and reapply aftermarket thermal compound (Arctic MX-4) -> Problem solve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMxoHK0Os4
Or just yell at apple store and force them to do that or get a new laptop for free
Spoiler:
i see well ill give it a try thanks