Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This is a question related to paper mario thousand year door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

D4rkNova

Ok with the sound issue where it stops playing the music with. DSP LLE it lags and has crackling noises is there anyway to stop it lagging? cause i want to play the game without lag and with sound working and music cause the music in boss battles is epic.

My pc specs details.
Cpu: intel 2 duo core module E8200 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz.
Video card:
Geforce GTS 250 nvidia.

is it my pc making DSP LLE making paper mario thousand year door crackle like it's sound and lag it brings with it? or the emulator it's self. Is there another way to get the sound and music and processing perfect? i got the game play working without any lag except for the music not playing but that's about all. Well it works sometimes. but not all the time. Please tell me if this thread is too messy. Thanks for taking your time to have a look at this thread =).
Your CPU is too weak for any game that use LLE
Quote:is there anyway to stop it lagging?
Your PC must run the game full speed all the time (zero slowdown)
Try to overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz

D4rkNova

HLE runs fine without lag
LLE is considerably more demanding than HLE. Your computer has to be strong enough to run the game AND the DSP at full speed to avoid crackling.
Stick with HLE then . LLE will give you the best audio if your PC is capable of running game + LLE full speed
You can try New AX-HLE Branch.Same deal as LLE , you must run the game full speed all the time otherwise you will have choppy audio
AX-HLE is less demanding than LLE

D4rkNova

ye pretty choppy audio aswell will HLE be fixed in the future? so it works with all games without a problem or is there another audio backend that makes it work without a problem?
AX-HLE will replace HLE soon

D4rkNova

but that's still damanding
Dolphin developing process : Accuracy > Performance (Speed)
Sacrifice performance for game compatibility always be top of to do list
CPU performance get better from time to time . a few years later , you will see a Core 2 duo / Phenom II like a Pentium 4 today
I don't think my mobile i5 could hold emulation for long , i will upgrade next year and you should do the same as well