Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Remote Desktop + Device Redirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Got dolphin working perfectly on my desktop and tried playing via LAN and remote desktop on my old laptop. It worked! The game cam up smoothly with unnoticeable latency, I was really impressed! However the wii remote still needed to be paired with the desktop. Is there a way to pair it with the laptop and then pass the connection over just like one would device-redirect for a usb keyboard or mouse.

I have also thought about perhaps finding a program that captures all the inputs from the wii controller and then sends them to the remote computer, something like xpadder on both ends?

Any ideas?

Max
UPDATE:

I have found this microsoft tutorial for enabling other devices over remote desktop connection: Link

Would this work if I enable the usb bluetoth device for transmitting the wii remote inputs?
Hint : "Glovepie" , "Emulate Wiimote as PC controller or keyboard"
Con : input lag warning , not able to use motion control fully
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my above link does not work on win 8 pro so I cannot pass on my devices Sad

I thought about glovepie, but that would mean taking inputs from wii -> keybaoard -> wii emulated remote. There must be a simplar way!