Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me get started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wisemaster96

I have the dolphin application on my computer already. I'm having trouble getting the files from my game disks onto my computer. First I tried rawdump, but I got a 'faulty drive' error. I also tried friidump, but got the same results. I've only tried with the Wind Waker disc so far. Here is my disk drive information : ATAPI iHAS124 C ATA Device.
Any help would be appreciated.
If your drive isn't on the compatibility list here, RawDump and FriiDump probably won't work. Use a softmodded Wii and apps like CleanRip or buy one of the listed drives on eBay.

wisemaster96

I don't have a large sd card or usb flash drive, so I want to dump via wifi. Could some one tell me how this is done.
I have never done it via WiFi (heard it's pretty slow). What size is your SD card? 2GB ones are very cheap, and you can find them almost anywhere (in the US, Walmart, Walgreens, Best Buy, etc). CleanRip can dump your games in chunks rather than one large file, so you can copy these small chunks to your PC's HDD and then combine them there. You combine them from the command line like so.

Code:
copy /b game_file_part1 game_file_part2 game_file.iso

After the /b argument, just type in all of the separate chunks, then lastly type in the name you want for the complete ISO. Or, you could just buy an 8GB SD card, since these are cheap as well.
Except cleanrip can only dump to FAT32 SD cards, so you'll still have to split the .iso.
The point in getting an 8GB card is not to dump the game all at once, but to dump all of the chunks during the same session so you don't have to jump back and forth from your Wii to the PC. You'll also be able to dump multiple GC games in one sitting. That last bit of my post was supposed to be in the middle of the 1st paragraph (no thanks to iOS' copy-paste system) but editing posts is inconvenient with my iPod.