Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio still choppy after getting LLE files, among other issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I finally got the LLE files in the correct file and everything, but the audio is still choppy. I think the problem might be my computer isn't recognizing the files as the correct file type. Right now, it's recognizing them as Snes9x ROM files (the files used for games for a SNES emulator).

Another issue I'm having is the emulator isn't recognizing my dedicated graphics card, it's only recognizing my Intel crap card.

Any suggestions?
Your CPU is too weak to use LLE properly. That's why the sound still looks choppy to you
(01-23-2013, 09:45 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too weak to use LLE properly. That's why the sound still looks choppy to you
My CPU is currently at 2.2 GHz, what does it have to be?
(01-23-2013, 11:08 AM)faolan_the_hedgehog Wrote: [ -> ]My CPU is currently at 2.2 GHz, what does it have to be?

Games need to run full-speed to get LLE to work properly. If you don't get full-speed sound will be choppy.
To get games to run full-speed (with LLE) you need between 3.3 and 4.0 GHz. More (4.2-4.5) is recommended for the most demanding games
Even though I have eight of these Processors? Is there a way to utilize multiple Processors to get the necessary power?
Dolphin uses only 2 cores + 1 core if you use LLE. So you basically can't use more than 3 cores
Quote:Even though I have eight of these Processors?
You have a quad core CPU
4 cores 8 threads ... (Hyper Threading)
Like LordVader said , you must have either i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz or i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz . Your current CPU can't run Mario full speed with HLE , LLE is even more demanding . If you can't run a game full speed with LLE all the time , you will have choppy audio
Dolphin is a dual core application .Don't care how many cores/threads your CPU have , CPU clock speed matter !
Darn. Oh well. Looks like I'll just have to stick with playing on the Wii or putting up with the choppy audio.
You can try :
_Right-click the game - Properties
_Tick "Activate Vbeam" and untick "Enable Idle Skipping"
This will make the game run slower but you should have good audio
If this doesn't help you , that mean your CPU is just too slow for LLE . You have to stick with the Wii :/
Edit : Try to enable "DSP LLE on threads" , see if it help or not
Tried the above suggestions, neither is effective. About the same in performance, minor alterations though in the frequency of skipping audio.