Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New User Help with motherboard choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gingertom

Hello. I have just purchased a new I5 3570K and am looking for suggestions on what motherboard to buy.

It must be a MATX form factor motherboard, have hdmi out and s/pdif as well, so it can be used as my HTPC as well.

From reading the forums a z77 motherboard seems to be the recommended, but which make?. Also how much memory and speed do you recommend.

Any advice very welcome. I will no doubt be back with further questions once, these purchases have arrived.
Either ASRock Z77 Pro4-M or ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M will do the job
You also need aftermarket cooling to overclock the CPU ( Cooler Master 212 Hyper Evo or Thermal right Macho . If your case is too small , you should pick this one or that one ) and aftermarket thermal compound ( Arctic MX-4)
4GB or 8GB (2x2GB or 4x4GB) 1600MHz (G.skill Rip Jaw X or Corsair Vengeance) is recommended

gingertom

(01-22-2013, 11:20 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Either ASRock Z77 Pro4-M or ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M will do the job
You also need aftermarket cooling to overclock the CPU ( Cooler Master 212 Hyper Evo or Thermal right Macho . If your case is too small , you should pick this one or that one ) and aftermarket thermal compound ( Arctic MX-4)
4GB or 8GB (2x2GB or 4x4GB) 1600MHz (G.skill Rip Jaw X or Corsair Vengeance) is recommended
Thank you admin. Will look at them tonight. I want to get all the parts for this weekend