Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Failed to compile pixel shader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Didly

Have this issue and I can't figure out what the problem is. Any suggestions?

I've tried a ton of different configurations and builds but the issue remains. Is it possible by GTX 670's 3D Shader messing with things?
Read the error message that you got again.
> konsttemp = float4(0.25f,0.25f,0.25f, ERROR9);
found it :-)

@Didly:
first, it's because of the game and not related to your pc.

Which game?
Where in this game?
What have to be done to reproduce it?

Didly

Actual ERROR
Debug info (ps_5_0):
(85,39): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'ERROR'
(85,13): error X3014: incorrect number of arguments to numeric-type constructor

What is the game?Beyond Good and Evil

Where is the game?

I'm not sure what you mean, in a folder?

How can it be reproduced?
Beyond Good and Evil and r7719, I think.

Also, what file should I be editing?

Thanks!
Don't use outdated builds and complain about stuff being wrong, you know.
(01-23-2013, 02:59 AM)Didly Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the game?

I'm not sure what you mean, in a folder?
Where IN the game? In which part of the game do you get this error message?

(01-23-2013, 02:59 AM)Didly Wrote: [ -> ]Beyond Good and Evil and r7719, I think.

Same issue with something more recent or more stable? 3.0 or 3.5 for example

Didly

@ LordVador

Thanks for the interest.

The error occurs in the near beginning of the game when you are in Peyj's Workshop. He asks you to help fix the hovercraft, so you push that big unit in order to charge the battery. Afterword, you get into the craft to sail to your first quest at Black-something Isle. Once in, as I'm exiting the workshop/cavern and am loading the "Hillys" area, I get the error.

@ neobrain

Hey, mind not getting snappy for not reason at all? For your information, I've actually tried different builds, 3.0 and 3.5 as well as a build of 3.5 that was released 5 days ago.
Yeah, fyi all the information that you have provided after several questions from our side should've been provided in the first post. It shouldn't be our job to tell people how to properly ask for help. We usually close threads like this.

Please don't waste everybody's time by not taking time to create proper threads and put some thought into them instead.

Didly

@neobrain

I'm certainly sorry for wasting everyone's time. The error in the emulator instructed me to post the bad_ps_XXXX.txt, so I did.

I didn't think to provide more information, but know I know!

Edit: I can attach the save file (assuming file size isn't a problem). I've saved just before the error occurs.