Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin simply won't start any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Revolva

Hello,
I have not been using Dolphin for a while, but after I started using it once again I got something like "The selected language is not supported by your system, falling back to system default." After receiving this message the emulator starts fine, but I can't start any game at all, it just closes almost as soon as I hit play button without showing any error messages. The same with any revision starting from 3.0. When I had changed system language in interface options from "System" to "English" the error "The selected language is not supported by your system, falling back to system default" disppeared, but still I can't play any games at all.

What went wrong? How It can be fixed?

I'm currently using official 3.5

I5-2500, GTX570, 4GB, Win 7 x64

mcwilsey

Hey, I've got exactly the same problem Sad
and I've googled it but i just can't find anything about it!
I will keep looking about that, I will share anything i find about this issueSmile!
I hope you do the same if you find something first!
(01-19-2013, 08:39 PM)Revolva Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have not been using Dolphin for a while, but after I started using it once again I got something like "The selected language is not supported by your system, falling back to system default." After receiving this message the emulator starts fine, but I can't start any game at all, it just closes almost as soon as I hit play button without showing any error messages. The same with any revision starting from 3.0. When I had changed system language in interface options from "System" to "English" the error "The selected language is not supported by your system, falling back to system default" disppeared, but still I can't play any games at all.

What went wrong? How It can be fixed?

I'm currently using official 3.5

I5-2500, GTX570, 4GB, Win 7 x64
' Wrote:When I had changed system language in interface options from "System" to "English" the error "The selected language is not supported by your system, falling back to system default" disppeared, but still I can't play any games at all.

The issue (Dolphin's closing when booting a game) isn't with your system language, and for a majority of the time, you can leave it to System (unless your default system language is one you can't read...) Which games have you tried playing so far? Do any work while others don't? Make sure you've enabled Panic Handlers. Click on the Config button in Dolphin and go to the Interface tab; "Use Panic Handlers" should be checked. As a last resort, you could run Dolphin from the command line and see if it prints out any messages when it closes.

Revolva

The issue (Dolphin's closing when booting a game) isn't with your system language, and for a majority of the time, you can leave it to System (unless your default system language is one you can't read...) Which games have you tried playing so far? Do any work while others don't? Make sure you've enabled Panic Handlers. Click on the Config button in Dolphin and go to the Interface tab; "Use Panic Handlers" should be checked. As a last resort, you could run Dolphin from the command line and see if it prints out any messages when it closes.

I can read my default system language. It is Russian, also I have ENG and JAP keyboard layouts.

I tried FF4, MGS, SH memories, Last Story...

"Panic Handlers" are checked.

The emulator's interface starts ok via command line, without errors. But still the same thing when I try to launch anyhing.
Do you see any messages on the command line when you try to play the game, then close Dolphin? If you've gotten your games to play once before, you might want to try deleting your Dolphin folder, redownloading 3.5 or the latest revisions. It could just be something weird with your configuration, so a fresh start might help.