Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop Power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hasoon2000

I have a pretty good laptop. Would like some possible recommendations to make my games run a little better, if possible. I did tweak out the settings according to the performance guide.

My laptop:
i7 3610QM @ 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost 3.3GHz)
22GB RAM
1.5TB HDD
Nvidia Geforce GT 630M

I just bought a wired Wii Sensor bar for my laptop and I have 1 of my 5 Wiis NAND dumped and hooked up to Dolphin.

EDIT: Games I usually play are Resident Evil: Zero (Gameplay sometimes lags and especially when running to different parts of the room),No issues with SSB. I just rehooked up Dolphin a few hours ago and I rarely played my Wiis.
By saying "better" . Do you mean "faster" or "better graphic" or "better compatibility per game"
Use 2.5x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x AF if you want the best graphic for Nvidia GT 630M
Each game has its own settings -> You should check the wiki - compatibility list http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Some games need Vbeam hack to run smooth -> Right-click the game - Properties - Tick "Vbeam"

hasoon2000

My apologies on that.

Better for faster and better graphics. I will sacrifice graphics for speed, when necessary.

For example, Resident Evil sometimes lags. I'll sacrifice compatibility and graphics to make it run better without dropping any FPS.

Super Smash Bros runs great as is so if I can get better graphics, but sacrificing some speed (shouldn't really affect it much), that would be great.

I'll add those settings now.

Also, since I have 22GB of RAM, how can I utilize it to its fullest potential?
RAM disc I suppose XD

hasoon2000

(01-20-2013, 03:30 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]RAM disc I suppose XD
Good call! I forgot about that. What program would you recommend?
Well I use http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-s...re/ramdisk , but I've only used it once awhile ago :p