Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi not sure in the right place so sorry

i use to play my wii disk's on this emulator and worked great but was on the old pc i had and it was a ide drive i was using.
now i updated to this pc i cannot for the life of me get the disk's read in dolphin 3.5 i have a Sony Optiarc AD-7280S - DVD±RW

i cannot find much on sata drives that can let me do what i did on my old pc and that play games from the drive with the emulator.

is there any sata drives i can use to do this please or would i have to back up my disk with the wii to iso?
Your DVD drive isn't on the compatibility list for drives that work with RawDump. If you have some way of getting your old drive, you can still connect it to your new PC if you use an external DVD enclosure that works with IDE drives. I have one (not in use anymore though), and it connects over USB just fine.

Ideally, you should probably just use a Wii. Once you install the HomeBrew Channel, just use programs like CleanRip to dump your games. It has the added benefit of working with any dual-layer DVDs without issue.
so what your saying is not sata drives will work really.

i got usb loader ect all installed already on the wii for some time now,so really your saying just back my legal games up onto hdd or usb and copy to my pc and run from iso than from the cd?
Oh, are you making legal backup discs, then trying to play them in Dolphin (File -> Boot from DVD Drive)? I thought you were having issues ripping/dumping your games.

Booting the backup discs should work on just about any kind of DVD drive, unless there's an issue with drive itself. Still, running from the ISO on your HDD will give you less issues (games might be slightly slower e.g. during loading when read from sources like USB or the DVD drive). Make sure the "Boot from DVD drive" option correctly displays your DVD drive with you hover over the little arrow. If it doesn't appear there's something up with the drive or the way your OS is detecting it.
yes just want to play from disk in the drive.

i want to play my legal disk's on my pc with dolphin like my old pc did but seem like the drive i have don't like the games,i have tried gamecube and wii games and it spins up stops then spins up gain then stops. i try to use the boot from drive and it just crashes the emulator.
ok can no one help on a sata drive i can just play the games on my drive (not to rip) there has to be a better drive than this oem one that just about burns dvd's

sorry for double post thing people have not seem i want help getting a better drive as well
Quote:Getting a better drive as well
This one definitely works with Dolphin and it's good for backup Wii game
hi thx for the reply i got loads of wires so is there any none usb drives that i can buy for this i need a sata internal drive
Sata drive ...Hard to find one
If you're ok with IDE internal drive then :
This one or that one
ow ok good thing im getting a refund on my motherboard as that one does not have ide so ill get one with ide on it as i can get the HP 390849-002
Pages: 1 2