Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: nVidia Drivers crashing with latest Dolphin revision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone!

I just started to use the Dolphin Emulator, good job with it guys =), But I'm having some problems with it.

With the latest revisions (268 and 269), i got this anoying issue. With some time of playing the game freezes for a few seconds, and i got a black screen, followed by a warning on the Windows tray that the nvidia drivers had crashed and recovered. The game resumes, but with no image, only sound. Activating/deactivating the fullscreen makes the image come back, but a few minutes (or seconds in some games) it happens again. I tested an older version (3.0) and this issue didn't happen. I played almost 1 hour without this particular issue, and with 3.5-268 I can't play 5 minutes before it starts.

============================
There is my settings (enabled ones):
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Frame Limit: Auto
CPU Emulator Engine: JIT Recompiler

DSP Emulator Engine: DSP HLE emulation

Graphics:
Backend: Direct3D9
Fullscreen resolution: 1280x720
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Use Fullscreen
Show FPS

Internal Resolution: 1x Native
Anti-Aliasing: none
Anisotropic filtering: 1x
Scaled EFB Copy

Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies: Texture
Texture Cache: all-the-way Fast
External Frame Buffer: Disable
OpenMP Texture Decoder
Disable Fog
============================
My PC Specs:
AMD Bulldozer FX-8120 3.4Ghz (TurboCore always on)
8GB RAM DDR3 HyperX Kingston
nVidia Geforce GT240 512MB

Thanks in advance!

PS2: Sorry for my bad english, im not a native.
Can you check Dolphin 3.5 with Per-Pixel Depth enabled and disabled in the video settings? I think the nvidia drivers don't like our shaders with per-pixel depth enabled.
(01-18-2013, 10:24 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check Dolphin 3.5 with Per-Pixel Depth enabled and disabled in the video settings? I think the nvidia drivers don't like our shaders with per-pixel depth enabled.
It's Disabled right now. I'll enable and try it.

(01-18-2013, 10:36 AM)Tyras Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2013, 10:24 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check Dolphin 3.5 with Per-Pixel Depth enabled and disabled in the video settings? I think the nvidia drivers don't like our shaders with per-pixel depth enabled.
Still got the issue, regardless its enabled or not.
You don't have to trust me, I'm new here. However I felt I had some relevant information regarding nvidia cards and dolphin. I had force adapter scaling enabled in the bios of my gt 240. I noticied with that on that the video would halt/skip or crash. I disabled it with nibitor, and everything seems golden now. So take it or leave it, I hope Ill be able to help around here. Also, completely unrelated but I built the version in my sig with xe composer 2013, but when I load it it doesnt state said revision, just dolphin[]. Since I dont build things much, what did I do wrong? And if anyone wants the build let me know, but I do not plan to do it on a regular basis. ***EDIT*** That seemed to help. ALOT. But my problem was actually caused by GX being enabled on my Xonar DGX. Without those effects the games are running smooth with good fps, and I do not get the ocassional black screen. So if you have a sound card with gx or any type of eax effects try disabling them.