Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri / Getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SeQueL

Hello everyone! I recently just remembered about Monster Hunter and want to give it another shot now that I have a much better computer than before. I just created an account today and I'm looking for a bit of help to get Monster Hunter Tri working smoothly.

Scanning over forums and with a little bit of searching I've come across some information on how to get the game running but I wanted to post here to see if I'm missing anything so I can get the smoothest possible experience. I'm currently at work so I can't test anything at the moment but once I get home I plan on trying to get this to work.

So from the archived thread that I read I heard R6505 is the best build to run MH3 on. I also heard of a bloom patch but does that come with the build or do I have to manually download that and from where? To expand on this I downloaded the Fifobsy build but I noticed their were 3 choices which is the best?

I also heard of a black screen bug/glitch but their is a fix for it (not sure if this will happen to me but could someone explain a bit on this?)

My computer is well above what I need to run at a stable FPS so I don't have to worry about that and I'm using a PS3 controller with Motion Joy so controllers shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to anyone who gives the time to help me out, much appreciated. Big Grin
SeQuel Wrote:So from the archived thread that I read I heard R6505 is the best build to run MH3 on.

That revision is terribly outdated. I highly recommend you check out the latest revision or Dolphin 3.5. IIRC and according to the Dolphin Wiki, the bloom issue has since been fixed. The black screen also has a solution (see link below).

We have a new Game Discussion forum with a new thread for this game. We're trying to keep things centralized there for specific games. Please ask any further questions in this thread here and we'll try to help you as best as we can: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii...tri--25953

Closed.