Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chemmajorp53

I recently backed up Mario Kart Wii to my computer and have been trying to run it on dolphin, but after the screen showing you how to strap on the wii controller, the screen goes black and flashes "clearing code cache" 3 times and nothing happens. The FPS drops to 0 from 60 almost instantly after the 3 flashes but VPS remains at 60. Any suggestions? I am running all of my gamecube games perfectly but it seems to be grumpy with wii games. My laptop has integrated intel 4000 graphics and a dedicated nvidia 640m le card but it crashes when I try to specify the nvidia card under dolphin (openGL issues?).
For future reference, please ask questions about specific games in the appropriate thread in the Game Discussion forum. You can find the thread for this game here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii...wii--25941

Fwiw though, I don't think this issue is specific to certain games (though some games may be more prone to it than others?) but getting stuck on "Clearing Code Cache" is a common problem in Dolphin. I don't know much about the code cache (used by the JIT recompiler or something like that) but you can try to delete the appropriate .cache files in Dolphin's cache folder. Additionally, simply try the latest revision from the download page.