Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenAL32.dll is missing from your computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I start some of the new Dolphin builds, I get this error.
Dolphin.exe - System Error

"The program can't start because OpenAL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and was able to fix it. I am using Dolphin 3.5 269 x64.
If OpenAL is missing, y u no install it? Tongue

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx
Thanks man. Smile Worked like a charm. I tried finding it, but my searching yielded no results. It's fixed now since you showed me where to locate the OpenAL installer. Smile

dnalloh1987

I just seen this was added to the sound plugins are the results a replacement for HLE for some games?
Suggestion to devs, delay load that. Awaits response too lazy to code error message when dll is missing when OpenAL is selected.
Sepulcher Wrote:Thanks man. Smile Worked like a charm. I tried finding it, but my searching yielded no results. It's fixed now since you showed me where to locate the OpenAL installer. Smile

no problem my friend Big Grin That's why I'm here Tongue
(01-17-2013, 03:39 PM)lamedude Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion to devs, delay load that. Awaits response too lazy to code error message when dll is missing when OpenAL is selected.
I believe skidau is working on disabling it if it's not installed. In the mean time, either install it, or use a previous revision.