Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: need a challange.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I got my new rig 3570k ivy with an asrock extreme 4 running OC'd at 4.6 atm. I have some head room but I dont care about a fewghz. Its on air so I wont get much more on an ivy with out hitting 80+. I get really good temps on air though (under 80 at full performance). Still using my old gx280 card for now.

So I figure I'd try out dolphin on dual core with EFB copies ram, and the LLE recompiler along with x2 for nice video out. The game still runs at 99% with perfect sound. Now I know zelda is not the best bench for testing my cpu on dolphin. So what is a good game to try out. My bro has about every game out there so I should be able to try it out.

This is just a dolphin bench I already have great prime and linX results. I just want to keep things aimed at dolphin here.
Which zelda game are you playing?
A good game to bench with is The Last Story, it's one of the most intense games you can run in Dolphin.

Of course, if you *really* want to bench, run The Last Story with Interpreter + LLE Interpreter + Software Renderer. Only thing that can run that at full speed is a goddamn supercomputer.
Nope, I can confidently say that even the best supercomputers will struggle to even keep up with what I've got. Supercomputers have lots of average CPUs, but dolphin likes 1 good CPU.
Games like twilight princess are a good fit, it's performance requirement falls in between heavy and light.
Mario Galaxy, because is a popular game and you can compare results from many other users. This is the game I use to benchmark a rig.

EDIT: And its cpu intensive.
Oh yeah I was testing with zelda SS. I can get last story but I bet you need to play it for a bit to get to the lag areas no? I forgot about Galaxy, I have that one here.
So I tried smg2 and I was able to play the game rather well. There are a few slow downs but most of the game runs at 100%. Maybe its worse later on. Now I did notice that I have to run in windows mode. Full screen slows way down. I though this was because I have x2 set but that didnt fix it. Anyone know why full screen is slower?
Disable Full screen mode and use Alt-Enter to Enter Fullscreen (Make sure you don't set IR as multiple 640x528)
I guess by full screen I mean alt-enter. Internal I had set to 2x 1280 x 1056. I tried auto no better.

alt-enter is slow
double clicking the screen ( to go large ) is fast

I'd like alt-enter to be fast as well, any other ideas?
Pages: 1 2