Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help! Dolphin frame rates dropped for no reason!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so I've been playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance on dolphin, and everything was fine, 100% frame rate, 60fps, everything was good to go.

I'm a few chapters in, and i had to load a save state, and when I did ( I've done it before with no issues) It started lagging, frame rate dropped to about 30 or less, just horrible!

I tried reloading the game, the emulator, everything. Now it's just, the same frame rates no matter what. I don't get it.

Are save states so unstable that it ruins my whole emulator setup and game?

Any help would be appreciated because, obviously, I was enjoying my 100% for a good while and I'd like it back. Thanks.
(01-15-2013, 03:59 PM)Ghostlander Wrote: [ -> ]Are save states so unstable that it ruins my whole emulator setup and game?
No, they shouldn't be. It could be a bug, with something not being saved.
Just to make sure, I downloaded another Dolphin, and its having the same lag issues.

Problem, is, i haven't changed anything about my computer, not touched it.

Especially seeing as the problem occured WHILE i was playing my game.

So... I'm even more confused and frustrated now. I didn't get that far to not continue playing.

Are there any other suggestions someone might have? Thanks
Quote:Are there any other suggestions someone might have?

Don't use save states Tongue
Yeah, I agree. Save states are not reliable and might be buggy.
You don't get it, even when I use normal saves, or start a completely new game, it's slower now. It starts out at normal speed, and suddenly starts dropping for no reason.

I really don't understand. And nothing else at all is running on my pc, So i dont see why it's changed.
Huh? that really sounds like your CPU is overheating. Check your temps with CoreTemp
(01-15-2013, 07:25 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? that really sounds like your CPU is overheating. Check your temps with CoreTemp
I pretty much just bought all my hardware so there shouldn't be a problem with my cpu already... Sad

Okay, I downloaded it and, says cores 0-3 are at about 79-85c each

if theyre hot i dont get it, my room is ice cold. I really cant afford new processor lol.

NOTE: though, Any other game I play that's NOT on dolphin runs very smoothly.

I'm about to go insane here. I didn't sink in that many hours on a game to get screwed over.
Quote:cores 0-3 are at about 79-85c each
My god , that's too hot for a desktop CPU !
Quote:if theyre hot i dont get it, my room is ice cold
Your room temp has nothing to do with CPU temp (at least , not so much) unless you're living in North Pole lol
Obviously , you're using the sh*tty Intel stock cooler
You should buy aftermarket thermal compound (Arctic MX-4) , remove the old TC and reapply new one . Search "how to apply thermal compound" via youtube

If your CPU start overheating -> CPU clock speed go down -> Dolphin run slower
I agree with admin89

Different CPUs can have slightly different TJMax's but anything over 72 degrees is likely dangerous for your CPU. You need to either get a better cooler and/or reseat it because those temps are likely your issue. High temps make the CPU throttle down to protect itself.
Pages: 1 2