Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: deactivate depth per pixel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good, is that versions above 3.5 this option is not available, I would like to know because I have already taken necessary in emulation of certain games to get good fps and think if I relocate to activate...
I am no speak english...
Traductor google XD

above 3.5
Disabling that option provides no measurable performance difference.
(01-14-2013, 08:09 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't explain well or the translator works horribly wrong ... Relitavely
versions greater than 3.5 this option is not for i grasp mark because it helps
me gain in performance, the reason why they have taken ...

I didn't explain well or the translator works horribly wrong ... Relitavely
versions greater than 3.5 this option is not for i grasp mark because it helps
me gain in performance, the reason why they have taken ...
(01-14-2013, 08:09 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling that option provides no measurable performance difference.
I thought that option was needed to get proper anti-aliasing. Is this not the case?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-win...white-line
Another thing, since you removed that option, is the water in Wind Waker fine?
+1 Invader
This option is really necessary because since the companion mentions I can put SSAA X9 without losing performance in the games having the marked option... I hope that it returns to make this option available again...
It is difficult to me to explain to me well through the fault of these translators and I hope that he understands himself in a correct way to what queria to come...
Regards!
Alright. For everyone who doesn't want to read through that google code commit page (or whatever you would call that) neobrain has removed the option and enabled per-pixel depth by default. This is the more accurate behavior. This may reduce performance by increasing GPU load in some cases but honestly if you have a semi-modern graphics card (which you should by now) this should not be a major issue. Removing the option will make the code cleaner and easier to maintain while reducing the number of issue reports from users who disabled per-pixel depth.
This implies that I will remain with dolphin 3.5 because for certain games it turns out to be to me very useful... I hope that when there goes out the version 4.0, they have the amiability to the official version prepare for me implementing this option again, it goes if one can or capable already the codes erased for this trick ¬¬ Regards!
(01-16-2013, 09:19 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. For everyone who doesn't want to read through that google code commit page (or whatever you would call that) neobrain has removed the option and enabled per-pixel depth by default. This is the more accurate behavior. This may reduce performance by increasing GPU load in some cases but honestly if you have a semi-modern graphics card (which you should by now) this should not be a major issue. Removing the option will make the code cleaner and easier to maintain while reducing the number of issue reports from users who disabled per-pixel depth.
You failed to mention that this creates a problem with MSAA/CSAA because this feature needed to be turned ON to avoid this:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-win...white-line

To be honest though, it is really easy to ignore and almost impossible to see at 4x IR. I'm happy with dolphin no matter what direction the devs decide to take. Tongue