Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been using Dolphin for a few months and the other day when I tried to play a game it would come up with an error message saying that dolphin.exe has stopped working. This happens every time now when I try to play I only have one game and it was working before this. I also have been running the default settings and found some people saying that you have to change the graphics options to fix this crash only problem is when I tried that whenever I click on the graphics settings it also crashes the program.

I am running Dolphin 3.0 x64 on a Intel i5 with 8gb ram and a Nvidia gt 540M

edit: so I got another game to see if the game was the problem for some reason and when I try either one it still crashes Dolphin after trying to open the game.
Could you tell us what game it was? and also try the official 3.5 release.
I have tried both Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, neither of them worked I have also tried both the official releases of 3.5 and 3.0 and the samething happens to both. However with the 3.5 I get a second error window that asks if I want to send in the information to find a solution and it says that these are the problem files:
C:\Users\Kamin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2F1B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Kamin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5B79.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Kamin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5BB8.tmp.mdmp
Are you trying to run Dolphin in the archive .7z??

uncompress your archive
(01-13-2013, 10:39 PM)Soopah Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to run Dolphin in the archive .7z??

uncompress your archive

Well he's been using Dolphin for months so I suppose he can't have done this Tongue
so, are your drivers up to date?
VCredist?
DirectX?
.net framework?
So all of of my drivers are up to date and that didn't help to fix it. However on the subject this was the first time I tried to play after updating my graphics driver to 310.90, don't know if this has to do with anything but the update may have changed something.
So I do not know what the problem is but I do know that is has something to do with the new 310.90 Nvidia graphics driver. I found this out because i forced the program to run on the Intel i5 integrated graphics and now it opens up fine, where as before the new driver came out I had it set to run on the Nvidia discrete graphics card instead. This solution worked for both version 3.0 and 3.5. So whatever the problem is it has to do with the new Nvidia driver I think but am not sure if someone could confirm this so that people know that, that is the problem.

However I have run into a new problem where the emulators are not recognizing the memory card, before I did anything with trying to fix the emulators I copied the virtual memory card folder that was created when I first started, but now it doesn't think that I ever made one and it is telling me that my memory card is corrupt when I start up Super Mario Sunshine. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: disregard the part about the memory card not working for some reason with out me even trying anything the memory card started working again and loaded up the save I had from before.

AdamLazaruso

I'm having the same problem. Whenever I try and load any game (I've tried it with three, Wii and Gamecube) I immediately get 'Dolphin.exe has stopped working' and the same thing happens when I try and open the Graphics Settings.

Running Dolphin with my laptop's Integrated graphics works but not with the graphics card so I'm guessing it's a driver issue (but I haven't experience any issues running any other applications).

I'm using Dolphin 2.5-367.

My specs are as follows:

Geforce GT 525M
Intel i5-2410M (2.40Ghz)
4GB RAM

Anyone have any idea of a fix for this problem?
Are you running the same driver version for you graphics as I am the 310.90 because I think that it is a driver problem because it only works for the integrated graphics for me I can't run it on the dedicated graphics.