Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mario bros wii iso not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

francoemperor

i have a mac book pro 2.3 ghz i5 4gb ram 1333mhz ddr3 lion used vmware fusion for xp and i finally got mi iso images running on mi iso and the problem is that i ran the game and it is very very slow what can i do.
Maybe changing a few settings can make it a little faster (disable copy EFB in graphics settings), but it will still likely be slow, as your specs aren't that great (also Mac runs slower that Windows version)
(01-13-2013, 12:41 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe changing a few settings can make it a little faster (disable copy EFB in graphics settings), but it will still likely be slow, as your specs aren't that great (also Mac runs slower that Windows version)

No, you don't want to disable EFB copies. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a reason why anyone would ever want to disable EFB copies and why there is an option to do that.
Don't run it in VMware. Running it in the Mac version of Dolphin will be faster than that. Running it in Windows would be faster if you weren't running it in VMware.
(01-13-2013, 01:29 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Don't run it in VMware. Running it in the Mac version of Dolphin will be faster than that. Running it in Windows would be faster if you weren't running it in VMware.
Agreed. You're running an emulator in an virtual machine, basically. The only way it would be even remotely feasible without windows would be in Parallels Desktop. And it'd still likely be slow.
But VMs have a pretty small performance hit on modern cpus which have hardware acceleration for the memory mapping among other things. The problem is likely his Intel IGP.
Running a CPU-intensive app is fine, but running a GPU-intensive app is a godawful idea. The one time I tried running Melee in VMware it was much slower and *full* of major graphical issues.
(01-13-2013, 03:20 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]But VMs have a pretty small performance hit on modern cpus which have hardware acceleration for the memory mapping among other things. The problem is likely his Intel IGP.

Windows on Windows maybe, have you seem VMware Fusion working for yourself? It is nasty.. Guest OS works somewhat decently. MacOS on the other hand GOES TO HELL when the VM is running. I have no idea why.
I say this based on my friend's Mac (Quad core i5 if I'm not mistaken). I set the VM up for him, and that is how it went.