Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Radeon Graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: image1bz.jpg]

as you can see guys the config cleary reads my GPU but when i start the game itself this happens.....

[Image: image2mr.jpg]

my problem is why does it not read the GPU itself? havent tested it in other games since im only interested on playing MHTri..
really need your help guys btw first time using dolphin emulator. I have tried searching but still cannot fixed it.
Specs available at signature.
(12-29-2012, 02:25 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Use GPUZ to see GPU clock speed
If GPU clock = 0 , that mean Dolphin is using Integrated GPU
Note that Dolphin will use AMD GPU secretly , the GPU usage will not be shown via Dolphin
Btw , you must add Dolphin to High Performance via AMD Catalyst Control Center
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-two-graphics-card
(01-12-2013, 07:26 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2012, 02:25 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Use GPUZ to see GPU clock speed
If GPU clock = 0 , that mean Dolphin is using Integrated GPU
Note that Dolphin will use AMD GPU secretly , the GPU usage will not be shown via Dolphin
Btw , you must add Dolphin to High Performance via AMD Catalyst Control Center
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-two-graphics-card
yeah i actually tried that earlier while i was searching but still i have no luck. here is the picture of the GPUZ.
[Image: img1w.gif]
and i notice at the bottom that you can change it then i took another picture maybe this will help. this is for only HD7670M and i dont have any experience about dual gpu or SLI that kind of thing.
[Image: img2i.gif]

actually when the loading is over i have started my character in there I will see a drastic change in my fps from 30 to 15-20fps which is not playable for me as it is laggy.
Ah , I forgot that the integrated GPU is also AMD GPU -> It will show clock speed via GPUZ as well unlike 7670M + Intel HD 3000 /4000
AMD 7670M has 2 versions : DDR3(28.8GB/sec memory bandwidth) and GDDR5 (57.6GB/sec)
DDR3 version is used on most of AMD notebook since it's cheaper .7670M GDDR5 is very rare because laptop manufacturer usually use GDDR5 on high end mobile GPU , not mid range GPU
It seems your notebook only show the integrated GPU via GPUZ , 25.6GB/sec memory bandwidth is belong to AMD 7660G after all
But don't worry , your integrated GPU is faster than Intel HD 4000 which mean you can run most games at 2x Internal Resolution (720p) , no AA , 16x AF . MHtri is a demanding game , maybe you should lower IR to 1x
On the other hand , your CPU is a real problem here . Even though it's a quad core + turbo core to 3.2GHz , it's still losing to Intel Pentium Dual Core B980 @ 2.4GHz .
Not mention Dolphin is a dual core application . Dolphin will perform much better on that Pentium
And Pentium B980 is obviously not strong enough for MHTri
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Proc...436.0.html (Rank 122 ,Cinebench R10 32Bit Single Thread : 2075.7 )
(01-12-2013, 08:18 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah , I forgot that the integrated GPU is also AMD GPU -> It will show clock speed via GPUZ as well unlike 7670M + Intel HD 3000 /4000
AMD 7670M has 2 versions : DDR3(28.8GB/sec memory bandwidth) and GDDR5 (57.6GB/sec)
DDR3 version is used on most of AMD notebook since it's cheaper .7670M GDDR5 is very rare because laptop manufacturer usually use GDDR5 on high end mobile GPU , not mid range GPU
It seems your notebook only show the integrated GPU via GPUZ , 25.6GB/sec memory bandwidth is belong to AMD 7660G after all
But don't worry , your integrated GPU is faster than Intel HD 4000 which mean you can run most games at 2x Internal Resolution (720p) , no AA , 16x AF . MHtri is a demanding game , may be you should lower IR to 1x
On the other hand , your CPU is a real problem here . Even though it's a quad core + turbo core to 3.2GHz , it's still losing to Intel Pentium Dual Core B980 @ 2.4GHz .
Not mention Dolphin is a dual core application . Dolphin will perform much better on that Pentium
And Pentium B980 is obviously not strong enough for MHTri
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Proc...436.0.html (Rank 122 ,Cinebench R10 32Bit Single Thread : 2075.7 )

but why is the dolphin only reading the hd graphics? not the 7670m? im playing skyrim with no problems at high settings.
Quote: im playing skyrim with no problems at high settings
I can do the same with the sh*tty Pentium D / Pentium 4 CPU + Nvidia 9800GT GPU
Emulation -> CPU power
PC gaming -> GPU power
Don't try to mix them together
Did you enable the dolphin.exe to run at high performance in CCC?

[Image: ccupC.jpg]

Then download AMD system monitor and run a game, see if your discrete GPU is being used like mine is.

[Image: 54NJa.jpg]

Even after that, Dolphin will still never show your discrete GPU when you start a game, but it doesn't matter as long as it's being used.
(01-12-2013, 08:36 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enable the dolphin.exe to run at high performance in CCC?

[Image: ccupC.jpg]

Then download AMD system monitor and run a game, see if your discrete GPU is being used like mine is.

[Image: 54NJa.jpg]

Even after that, Dolphin will still never show your discrete GPU when you start a game, but it doesn't matter as long as it's being used.
[Image: image3gw.jpg]

here you go just disregard the one at the top i dont why that happened in paint.

tried running other games with the AMD system monitor maybe this would help?

[Image: image4ns.jpg]
You have two GPUs, so show both. Hit that "details" button by your GPU, then play a game with Dolphin for a few minutes and post what both GPUs are doing. This doesn't mean that the game will be playing at full speed, but we're trying to get your discrete GPU to work. You should be using DX9 when doing this with Dolphin.
(01-12-2013, 09:31 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You have two GPUs, so show both. Hit that "details" button by your GPU, then play a game with Dolphin for a few minutes and post what both GPUs are doing. This doesn't mean that the game will be playing at full speed, but we're trying to get your discrete GPU to work. You should be using DX9 when doing this with Dolphin.
[Image: image5hvg.jpg]

u mean this? im not sure sorry Smile
Pages: 1 2