Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow down on my dolphin emulator is my hp laptop up to it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Azeluk

Hi everyone,

I have a new hp laptop and thanks to a bout of nostalgia I wanted to play my old game cube games so I've downloaded the latest 64bit dolphin emulator and i've tried to run zelda the wind waker but my game play is really slow here are my laptops specs.

1.5 GHz AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M

8gb ram

And graphics AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discrete-Class

Is my laptop up to the task of running this emulator and what settings would you suggest to improve the speed.

Many thanks.

Azel
Your CPU is too weak. AMD APUs are not recommended for Dolphin.

To improve the performance, you could try the settings for best speed. (link in my sig) but this won't help much...

Azeluk

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, bit of a shame about the apu but ill try your suggestions and see if I can make it at least playable.

Many thanks.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dol...d-a6-3400m
Quote:AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discrete-Class
It's not a discrete GPU but an integrated GPU which is built inside CPU chip
According to Notebookcheck.net , AMD 6520G is much slower than Intel HD 4000 . Therefore , you must use lowest settings (1 or 1.5x IR , no AA , 16x AF) for most games
Quote:According to Notebookcheck.net , AMD 6520G is much slower than Intel HD 4000 .

Well then it's wrong. They are about the same. The HD 4000 might be a tad faster overall.