Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring Save Data from Dolphin to Wii (MH3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this question has been answered before, or if this is the right forum to post in, but I need some help with transferring my saves from the Dolphin to my Wii!

I decided to play Monster Hunter Tri on the Dolphin because of the better quality. Now I have about 50 hours on my character and I have finished the offline portion of the game, so naturally I want to go online. I was under the impression that I could easily transfer saves from the Dolphin to the Wii and vice versa, but I have been looking around for a solution for two days now, to no avail.

Is there anyone out there that has transferred their MH3 saves from the Dolphin to the Wii successfully? If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! I have Skype, Mumble, and Vent if anyone that could help me wants to talk to me to make it easier!

Thanks in advance!
If u can find the folder with the MH3 save files, you can import it with the Savegame Manager GX. The Savegame Manager GX afaik supports data.bin and save folders.
you can try exporting the save file by right clicking the game in the game list and choosing export wii save, which will create the folder stucture "private/wii/title/.../data.bin" place the private folder at the root of your sd card and import using the regular wii save management.

or you can choose open wii save folder and use the app listed above
(01-08-2013, 04:18 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]If u can find the folder with the MH3 save files, you can import it with the Savegame Manager GX. The Savegame Manager GX afaik supports data.bin and save folders.
Thanks for the response!

I'm new to the Wii and emulating it and stuff....What is Savegame Manager GX?

I found the MH3 save files...I think. But it's only one file; is that normal?

If you had the time to explain this to be in more detail I would be very grateful!

(01-08-2013, 04:37 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]you can try exporting the save file by right clicking the game in the game list and choosing export wii save, which will create the folder stucture "private/wii/title/.../data.bin" place the private folder at the root of your sd card and import using the regular wii save management.

or you can choose open wii save folder and use the app listed above
Unfortunately, it always fails when I try to export wii save. Sad
The SaveGame Manager GX is a hombrew app for the Wii. Do u have the Homebrew Channel?
(01-08-2013, 05:31 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The SaveGame Manager GX is a hombrew app for the Wii. Do u have the Homebrew Channel?
Yes, I do.
Yeah, great. Now try to export your save file (Use the official Dolphin 3.5 release or newer) and then import the data.bin with the SaveGame Manager GX. It's easy Wink
(01-08-2013, 07:10 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, great. Now try to export your save file (Use the official Dolphin 3.5 release or newer) and then import the data.bin with the SaveGame Manager GX. It's easy Wink
Okay...I downloaded the newest Dolphin release but obviously it doesn't have my save file from the old dolphin release.

I don't know how to export my save file because it does not work with my Dolphin 3.0 version.

Do you have skype? It would be much easier to chat with some sort of instant messaging. I really really appreciate your help!

Edit: I was able to copy one of my savestates from Dolphin 3.0 to Dolphin 3.5 and then save the file onto the Dolphin 3.5, but it still says "export failed" when I try to export the wii save.

Also, I don't know what files are my actual "save files" when I click on "Open Wii save files". I attached an image of my "Wii save files" (left is "data" file, right is "nocopy" file) if that helps any!
bump Smile
Anyone? I feel like we were close to solving this!