Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

br26

I want to run the following: Pokemon XD, Pokemon Coloseum, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, the wii Fire Emblem (forget the name) and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

[Image: 2643106.png]

^that has all my stats. I'm on Windows 8 64 bit, I have a Intel Core 2 duo with 4gb of ram. I remember running Mario Kart Wii really well on here, but when i tried to run the two Pokemon GC games earlier today I experienced some slowdown. I want to run them at normal speeds and maybe in a better resolution than the native one but that isn't entirely important. Maybe I have slowdown because I upgraded to Windows 8?
Your cpu is too slow.

br26

that's weird. I remember running games like Sonic 4, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii pretty well on here. Why would it give me problems with Gamecube games? Maybe I need to switch to an older version of Dolphin?
Just because those games are Gamecube games , that does not mean those games are less demanding . There are many demanding Wii games and GC games as well
You have an average CPU , you should overclock it to 3.4GHz to get more speed
(01-07-2013, 01:47 PM)br26 Wrote: [ -> ]that's weird. I remember running games like Sonic 4, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii pretty well on here

Well getting a good performance in Mario Kart/NSMB isn't really significant since these aren't demanding games. Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn are much more demanding. They will give you more difficulties. As admin89 said overclocking is a good solution.
Btw a lot of GC games are more demanding (or as demanding as at least) than most of Wii games