Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good to run my game on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hamza62240

Hello! I am new here.
I want to ask is that can my PC run New Super Mario Bros. Wii (My favourite game Cool Wink) on my PC?
Specs are:
Windows 8 Professional, x86
Intel® (DELL) OptiPlex® 745
Intel® Pentium® D Inside
Sorry I didn't know my GPU.
Please help me? Blush
Intel Pentium? Well, pretty weak... I hope, you have Pentium GXXX CPU (based on Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge architecture). If you have a normal Pentium CPU, you won't get good speed.
Pentium 4 < Pentium D <<< Pentium Dual Core < Core 2 duo
I had Pentium D 925 @ 3.0GHz paired with Nvidia 9800GT which is a fast GPU at that time (2008) , one thing i can say for sure : Pentium 4 / Pentium D can't run New Super Mario Bros full speed even if you have a decent GPU
You'll need a whole new gaming PC , not a home office PC
(01-05-2013, 10:19 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Pentium 4 < Pentium D <<< Pentium Dual Core < Core 2 duo
I had Pentium D 925 @ 3.0GHz paired with Nvidia 9800GT which is a fast GPU at that time (2008) , one thing i can say for sure : Pentium 4 / Pentium D can't run New Super Mario Bros full speed even if you have a decent GPU
You'll need a whole new gaming PC , not a home office PC
Not necessarily. I have done some research on his computer specs, and if I'm correct, that's a socket 775 for the Pentium D's and can be replaced on the same Mobo by Core 2 Duo's, Quads, Extremes or if he really wants power on the mobo, I believe even some of the Xeon processors. With a RAM upgrade and use of a PCI-E slot if he has one he might actually be able to save himself a couple hundred dollars. Assuming it's a desktop with a PCI-E slot open, he could likely mod that computer into a gaming computer, motherboard allowing.
He won't get a big enough boost, as any compatible hardware is very much outdated. He'll be spending money, and barely see a difference unless he gets a whole new rig.

hamza62240

Hmm. But if you are saying my computer was weak, the game was working fine on Windows 7 Professional on the same specs and it worked fine (My computer was really slow that time! But the game was slow too.)? Oh, and I can't run Dolphin, it gives a xinput1_3.dll error =(
If you're getting that error, it's because you didn't install one of the direct X redistributables. Check the FAQ, as it will tell you which one.