Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me figure this out (Progressive Scan)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I came back because I want to straighten out a confusion of mine regarding Progressive Scan.

Remember my old Castlevania Rondo of Blood thread?

You need Progressive Scan in order for the game to run in "normal" speed.

If I enable Progressive Scan via the GUI in Graphical Settings - Advanced tab it runs fine but if I edit the game ini like this (because it's greyed out in the GUI Game Properties when you right click the game in the list)

[Display]
ProgressiveScan = 1

Enable Progressive Scan is enabled in the Game Properties but the game is still too fast.

I don't want to enable and disable this via the Graphical Settings - Advanced tab all the time when I want to play the game because sometimes I forget to change things back.
Shouldn't Enable Progressive Scan that have been set in the game ini/Game Properties work the same as the other one?

I'm using Dolphin 3.5 of course.

Thanks in advance!
It's not possible to set this via game ini.
Do you have v-beam emulation on or off?
@Rachel

The option/setting in the Game Properties in the GUI is greyed out and undecided per default and can't be changed there.
However if one modifies the game ini and insert this:

[Display]
ProgressiveScan = 1

The option/setting is still greyed out but ticked like it's been enabled.
Obviously it doesn't work and change anything though.

@ED

No, I don't have v-beam ON. The game works fine without it if I use the regular Enable Progressive Scan in the Graphical Settings - Advanced tab
While your looking at this want to tell me what happens if you have v-beam and progressive scan on? :p
(01-04-2013, 05:41 AM)Duke Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]@Rachel

The option/setting in the Game Properties in the GUI is greyed out and undecided per default and can't be changed there.
However if one modifies the game ini and insert this:

[Display]
ProgressiveScan = 1

The option/setting is still greyed out but ticked like it's been enabled.
Obviously it doesn't work and change anything though.
Yes, as i said, it's not possible to set this option via game ini. If you add it to the .ini manually, it will just be ignored, and use your global option. The checkbox should probably be removed from the gui.

edit: and now it's gone Big Grin
Quote:edit: and now it's gone

OK....

I didn't excpect you to actually delete it.
Actually it would have been better if you fixed it so it would work instead like it was intended.

But anyway, I'll just use the one in the Graphical Settings - Advanced tab instead.

Thanks though, I'll see you when I see you.