Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mariokart wii not saving? + other save questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i downloaded the latest version of dolphin 3.5 - 125 and played mkart wii for several hours only to find out the next day that my saves were gone.
is this mkart related or dolphin related?

othersave question:

i transfered my saves like i always do with newer dolphin revisions (copy title in the wii folder and copy memorycards from gc folders to the newer revisions) but 3.5 doesnt see the savegames, is there a new savesystem i dont know about? my xenogears savegame wasnt recognised by 3.5 and i dont feel like playing it again from the start -,-
I am not certain that this is the case at all, but when I move over my games to a different dolphin revision, I just copy the Memcard files as well as the LLE info, but there is a file named SRAW.bin or something similar. I move that over and my wii saves move over with it. Maybe just a coincidence but I always though that was where my wii save info was.
Try :
_Remove all Memcard files from Dolphin 3.5 .
_Play a GC game to create new memcard files
_Dolphin 3.5 - Tools - Memcard manager - Select "Memory Card A" as the old memcard , select "Memory Card B" as new memcard that you just created .
_ Copy "Memory Card A" 's save data to B
If your game is USA version (NTSC) , do not copy your data to EUR memcard (PAL) -> Dolphin can't recognize the save data
(01-04-2013, 02:31 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try :
_Remove all Memcard files from Dolphin 3.5 .
_Play a GC game to create new memcard files
_Dolphin 3.5 - Tools - Memcard manager - Select "Memory Card A" as the old memcard , select "Memory Card B" as new memcard that you just created .
_ Copy "Memory Card A" 's save data to B
If your game is USA version (NTSC) , do not copy your data to EUR memcard (PAL) -> Dolphin can't recognize the save data

gc memory cards arent the issue, its the wii savegames that i lost
If your save was lost , there is nothing we can do
I'm sure it's not dolphin's fault 'cause I can transfer data to Dolphin 3.5 just fine
As usual , i copy folder "Dolphin 3.0 XXX x64 \ User \ Wii \ Title \ 00010000" to Dolphin 3.5 location
Mario Kart Wii is a "special game" , the save file is located in folder "00010004" . MKWii had "can't create save file" issue in the past but that issue was fixed long time ago
(01-04-2013, 02:53 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]If your save was lost , there is nothing we can do
I'm sure it's not dolphin's fault 'cause I can transfer data to Dolphin 3.5 just fine
As usual , i copy folder "Dolphin 3.0 XXX x64 \ User \ Wii \ Title \ 00010000" to Dolphin 3.5 location
Mario Kart Wii is a "special game" , the save file is located in folder "00010004" . MKWii had "can't create save file" issue in the past but that issue was fixed long time ago

well i just copy title in the wii folder all together and it worked fine in the past, and i even go to the save folder of other wii games and 3.5 doesnt see them but 3.0 -XXX does, explain that to me :S
80% problems are caused by the one behind keyboard Tongue or maybe your anti-virus program delete the save ( Norton might do this)
I just downloaded Dolphin 3.5-125 (same version as yours) , transfered all save file to that version and played Mario Kart with my save file -> auto save the game -> close Dolphin then reopen Dolphin , the save game is still there
(01-04-2013, 03:30 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]80% problems are caused by the one behind keyboard Tongue or maybe your anti-virus program delete the save ( Norton might do this)
I just downloaded Dolphin 3.5-125 (same version as yours) , transfered all save file to that version and played Mario Kart with my save file -> auto save the game -> close Dolphin then reopen Dolphin , the save game is still there

its wierd tho, and i dont use an antivirus, bleh xD

i have copied everything, but the newer revisions refuse to see them >.>, i can save now for some reason, comp must hate me >:C
but i dont get it why it happened in the first place >.< and why that revision cant see the copied files, the thing that actually helped me was to open both folders through the 2 different dolphin revisions and copy paste it that way, and that magically solved the problem lolz

welp problem ''solved'' i guess >.<