Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thecooler22

Hi ther can i run Dolphin on my home PC?
CPU: intel i3 3220 3.3GHz

GC: ZOTAC GeForceĀ® GTX 660

Ram: DDR3 4GB

games:

Skies of Arcadia
Zelda: twilight princess
Zelda: Skyward sword
super smash Brawl
Just Dance 4 (similar games wiimote &/or dancemat)
mario party 7,8,9
monster hunter

so u think is it possible? at lowest setting may be? Confused
Quote:mario party 7,8,9
monster hunter
super smash Brawl
Will run full speed with 4x Intenal Resolution (2560x2112) , no AA , 16x AF
Zelda SS is GPU intensive game . If you don't get full speed with 4xIR , you will need to lower IR to 3x
Multiplayer - Dolphin is very demanding on CPU side . For Example : Your CPU will run Brawl full speed with 1 player but you will need i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz for 4 players . Note that "players" are real human (controller that connect to your PC) , "CPU players" do not count
Quote:Skies of Arcadia
Full speed with HLE
Half speed or lower if you use LLE back end , doesn't matter if you lower IR or not
Quote:Zelda: twilight princess
Have slowndown in Hyrule Field , this game need "EFB copy to Ram" for the map

Note that Nvidia 600 series / AMD 7000 series have idle issue with Dolphin . This issue (Nvidia only) was fixed in latest Dolphin (For example : Dolphin 3.5 - 79 or later version)

thecooler22

(01-03-2013, 08:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:mario party 7,8,9
monster hunter
super smash Brawl
Will run full speed with 4x Intenal Resolution (2560x2112) , no AA , 16x AF
Zelda SS is GPU intensive game . If you don't get full speed with 4xIR , you will need to lower IR to 3x
Multiplayer - Dolphin is very demanding on CPU side . For Example : Your CPU will run Brawl full speed with 1 player but you will need i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz for 4 players . Note that "players" are real human (controller that connect to your PC) , "CPU players" do not count
Quote:Skies of Arcadia
Full speed with HLE
Half speed or lower if you use LLE back end , doesn't matter if you lower IR or not
Quote:Zelda: twilight princess
Have slowndown in Hyrule Field , this game need "EFB copy to Ram" for the map

Note that Nvidia 600 series / AMD 7000 series have idle issue with Dolphin . This issue (Nvidia only) was fixed in latest Dolphin (For example : Dolphin 3.5 - 79 or later version)

thank u so much for replying... Smile

So basicly i need to upgrade CPU if i run more than one player full frame rate and i might have problems with sound and some Slowmo on parts of games.

how bout "Just dance 4" and similar rhythm games like DDR can my PC manage multiplayer (real human Wiimotes/dancemats that connect to my PC ones) :S
I don't have Just Dance 4...
Quote:So basically i need to upgrade CPU
If you have Z77 mobo + aftermarket cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) , you can upgrade to i5 3570k and then overclock it to 4.2GHz
Just dance 4 will crash unless you use the wii network branch, I have tested the game and the first song has many bugs