Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 32 tv or 24 monitor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, i pretend to use the PC with my 32" TV lg full HD, i already use it on my 24" monitor, the question is:
Will the resolution GO Down or stay the same quality?
My PC is an i5 3250 +gtx 550 ti+ 8gb RAM in dual channel...
You might want to post a copy of this in your native language. It didn't make any sense in english.
Sorry, um from Brasil.

I wanna know if i use dolphin in a 32 inch television i will have the same quality resolution as i use in a 24 inch monitor..
Which monitor?
Which HDTV?

We need to know the specs to be able to compare them.
(01-03-2013, 08:11 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which monitor?
Which HDTV?

We need to know the specs to be able to compare them.

my monitor is: Philips 3000 series TV LED 24PFL3017D TV Digital Full HD

[Image: ArquivoExibir.aspx?IdArquivo=6747421] [Image: 24pfl3017d_78_cow_.jpg]

THIS IS THE STORE LINK HERE IN BRASIL: http://www.ricardoeletro.com.br/Produto/...388-255664

** THIS IS MY 32'' HDTV:
LG Scarlet 32LH70YD LCD FULL HD 120HZ, 3HDMI ..

[Image: torpedo_ScarletII_02.jpg]

THIS IS THE LINK WITH FULL INFORMATION: http://www.pontofrio.com.br/Eletronicos/...04710.html
Technically, those are both TVs. So, monitors versus TV discussion is moot. They are both 1080p, so the resolution is completely the same. Personally I am rather fond of higher DPIs though.

The only difference between a TV and a monitor is that TVs have tuners built in, so they can decode analog signals. Unfortunately that tuner also adds latency, from the decoders and post processing effects. Some TVs have very little latency, but other times it will be freakin awful. And it's very hard to find out. Not only do monitors have better latency, they also are cheaper. WAY cheaper. You can get a decent 24in 1080p LCD monitor for $150 USD nowadays. Even the best deals on TVs are at least double that. What do you get for going with a TV? You don't have to fuss with TV tuners in your PC. Bloody nuisances.
Well he already has a 1080p 24" 120 Hz HDTV as well as a 32" model so using either of those instead of buying a monitor would save him some cash. If it were me I would just try out the HDTVs first and if somehow they both had god awful input lag that I could not stand that was impossible to remove (highly unlikely in my experience with modern HDTVs) then maybe I would consider buying a monitor. But if he's already got both of these he might as well save some cash.
thanks for the help MAJOR and NATURALVIOLENCE, but your english is hard for me to understand all u wrote here...

So i could understand that both tvs 24'' and 32'' have the same resolution right? i already have both in my house...

Id like to play in the 32'' because its bigger and i need it for mario kart versus battle x4, the screen divided in 4x pieces, so the 24'' is small for that...

but really thanks my friends...
Quote:So i could understand that both tvs 24'' and 32'' have the same resolution right?

Yes.