Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Compatibility: AMD users post results of games with 60 FPS that work full speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am creating this thread in hopes that people with AMD processors will post their trails and trivialities of which games ( most notably 60 FPS ) we can play and enjoy. The goal is to come up with a decent list of games that will run with full or almost full speed.

It is a well known fact that i5's second generation and up, when over-clocked can play just about anything full speed.

But for AMD there is no safe guarantee that any games will work full speed.

I can play just about any 30 FPS game full speed -
3x IR and full eye candy, WII/Gamecube, doesn't matter, if its 30 FPS its go.

I struggle with anything that is 60 FPS Gamecube/Wii.

60 FPS , Full Speed -
Wii:
Mario Kart, I can play this 60 FPS all day no slowdown.

Gamecube:
Sonic Adventure 2, full 60 FPS no problem.

60 FPS, Not Full Speed -
Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy 1,2

Gamecube:
Sonic Adventure: DX - Drops down to 50 FPS consistently
You do realize that AMD is a company right? They have made hundreds maybe thousands of different x86 cpu models that can run dolphin, all with completely different levels of performance. Unless someone else happens to be using the exact same cpu model your results cannot be applied to them and vice versa.
This may be helpful if you make separete categories for each model, EX

AMD A6 4400m
RADEON HD 7520G
4GB DDR3 RAM
HDD

Games that run 60FPS:

Games that run too slow:
Games in between:

Also specify the IR, and if you do this right with your stats others may help and add their own; this could be a good thread. Smile *Also state what DSP, HLE or LLE
(01-01-2013, 09:19 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize that AMD is a company right? They have made hundreds maybe thousands of different x86 cpu models that can run dolphin, all with completely different levels of performance. Unless someone else happens to be using the exact same cpu model your results cannot be applied to them and vice versa.
AMD's situation as far as performance is more complicated. In general all the high end processors preform the same, the last three generations all preform worse if not the same than the generation before. And if someone with a lesser processor can play a game 60 FPS then I would like to try it myself.

Ideally this thread could cut back on the amount of "Is this AMD processor good enough" threads, it will also give the users that have or are considering an AMD processor a place to post. We will give them general idea of how many games we can run, since we are essential handicapped.

I do realize if you want to play a specific game, that the wiki is the best place for that, however I would like to emphasize that for the majority of the 60 FPS games it is basically uncharted land and that my goal is to document as much of it as possible.
Quote:In general all the high end processors preform the same
Quote:the last three generations all preform worse if not the same than the generation before

citation needed
(01-01-2013, 01:02 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In general all the high end processors preform the same
Quote:the last three generations all preform worse if not the same than the generation before

citation needed
Seriously? Is this necessary? I dont understand why someone wants to argue about this.

Thread is simple, which 60 FPS games can be played with any AMD processor. I was hoping by making it a general topic we could avoid posts like, "AMD Sucks use Intel" or an argument about processor speed.
The problem with this thread is that it will end up a mess. As there are many AMD CPU models, these would have to be kept separately from each other. That would means a table of ~200 processors by ~1000 games (both numbers may be significantly higher). A 200,000 cell table would be too complex for anyone to use.
(01-01-2013, 01:52 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with this thread is that it will end up a mess. As there are many AMD CPU models, these would have to be kept separately from each other. That would means a table of ~200 processors by ~1000 games (both numbers may be significantly higher). A 200,000 cell table would be too complex for anyone to use.
Not really we are focusing on just 60 FPS games here. Simply, If any AMD processor can play a game 60 FPS no problems, I want to here about. It would be nice if we had enough people contribute to that we could make a list of 60 FPS games that have a consistent enough FPS to be injoyable.
Quote:I dont understand why someone wants to argue about this.

Because you're acting like all AMD cpus are the same, and if they're not the same than your results are irrelevant to everyone else.

Quote:which 60 FPS games can be played with any AMD processor.

ANY AMD cpu? Does that include athlon II? Does that include low clocked e edition models? Does that include mobile cpus? Bulldozer? Athlon X2? I don't think you fully understand what you're saying here.

You have to draw a line somewhere.

Like I said:
Quote:You do realize that AMD is a company right? They have made hundreds maybe thousands of different x86 cpu models that can run dolphin, all with completely different levels of performance. Unless someone else happens to be using the exact same cpu model your results cannot be applied to them and vice versa.

You could make the thread into a "60 fps games that are lightweight" thread or something to that effect (thus avoiding the problem of different cpus) but I'm pretty sure we already have something like that in the game discussion section of the forum.
You created this thread asking AMD users to become your slave and work on such difficult tasks.
Pages: 1 2