Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Making a DIY wiibar ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have almost 20 ir led transmitters and receivers around , i was wondering if i could make a diy wii bar with them , amazon/retail sellers dont ship to my location so making one is easier than buying one.

Would a old nokia charger be enough to power 10 leds without burning them.

Please help me ?
Type DIY sensorbar into google.

Nemo

(12-31-2012, 06:56 PM)Zer07777 Wrote: [ -> ]I have almost 20 ir led transmitters and receivers around , i was wondering if i could make a diy wii bar with them , amazon/retail sellers dont ship to my location so making one is easier than buying one.

Would a old nokia charger be enough to power 10 leds without burning them.

Please help me ?
Two IR LEDs would likely be sufficient. I've used candles in a pinch, and even used a TV remote for a quick "let me start a game that only used the GCN controller".
It's probably best to mimic the official sensor bars design as close as possible. The official design has 4 LEDs, two on each side.
Which in human is 10 (2 banks of 5) for the old model which had LEDs with a very poor viewing angle, and 6 (2x3) in the newer model whose LEDs were brighter and had a greater viewing angle. As long as if when you put a camera in every possible position for the wiimote, it can see the IR light, then you have enough LEDs. Multiple LEDs are only used to fill in blind spots.
Quote:The official design has 4 LEDs, two on each side.
5 LEDs
[Image: 5-3.JPG]
Weird.....all of the ones that I have seen have 4.
Actyally i plan to put 10 ir leds each side , { just for the lulz } or the ir leds i have is of the low power kind , i was just asking if a nokia charger is enough to power all of these , well i know that the led will burn if the charger is used for a single led.
Im using a 4.5v charger for official sensor bar (10Led)
(used 6V but I've found the sensor bar too hot)
So u are sure right the nokia charger does 5 volts , well could i not make a usb powered one then
(01-02-2013, 06:33 AM)Soopah Wrote: [ -> ]Im using a 4.5v charger for official sensor bar (10Led)
(used 6V but I've found the sensor bar too hot)
Pages: 1 2