Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gecko Code for Twilight Princess (Wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw codes recently to mute background music, so im wondering is there codes to lower the background music? This could be very helpful to those who can only play on HLE since the background music is way too high.
If u want to mute BGM, set the audio backend to "no audio output".
Wouldn't that just mute all sound? >.>
It would. The solution would be to add a second "volume bar" in DSP: one for music, one for sound effects. Not sure devs are interested though Big Grin

EDIT: and a third one for voices Tongue
There was an option called "Enable DTK music" in old Dolphin builds.

When u unchecked this option, there was no BGM. I wonder, what happened with that option.
(12-31-2012, 11:19 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]There was an option called "Enable DTK music" in old Dolphin builds.

When u unchecked this option, there was no BGM. I wonder, what happened with that option.

IIRC, that was removed as an option in favor of enabling it by default all the time. I think only a few GC games used DTK music anyway, though I never really looked into it.
Anyone have any idea how lower the BGM instead of disabling it completely? Im sure there must be a way Big Grin
Theoretically, one could code this into Dolphin with a bit of hacking at least for Zelda ucode games (dunno about AX ucode or any others). The Parameter Blocks for the Zelda ucode have 16-bits that describe whether a sound is music or sound fx. You could arbitraily set all processed sound data associated with PBs describing music to a lower volume during mixing.
Well I have no clue how to do that, if anyone can try it will be awesome and a good cover up for the biggest issue playing this game Smile