Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cant select correct GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just picked up a semi-nice laptop with an i7 and 640m. Problem is Dolphin wont give me an option to select the 640m, it only shows the hd4000 as a choice. Is there anyway to make Dolphin see the Nvidia GPU? There are no bios options for static/dynamic GPU.
Try setting Dolphin to a high performance profile in your nVidia control panel. Sometimes nVidia chips don't show up, and the HD4000 is the only listed option. However, Dolphin should still automatically switch to the better GPU when a game is running. If you can switch between 1x IR and 2x IR with barely any speed decrease, then you're using the GT 640m.
Yeah, thanks. I just found the post in the other forum. Ill try it, thanks.

I noticed there was a selection to force the nvidia card to run added through the nvidia control panel to the context menu, dur..., I stupid. Adding the GPU activity meter to the task bar confirms if its running the nvidia gpu. I figured this one would be a massive pain in the ass. Now to the controller forum to get the wiimote plus working.