Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is netplay working on Wii games yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and Happy Holidays. Thanks for the update devs, this is a fantastic release!

Quick question....is netplay working for Wii yet? I remember someone said it didn't work because of something to do with the Wiimote not working properly in online mode or something. Has this issue been addressed? Would love to play Mario Bros Wii, DKCR, etc with my buddy.
You can play games as long as they use the GC controller :p
(12-30-2012, 10:30 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can play games as long as they use the GC controller :p
Thanks but can I make the games I mentioned above compatible with the GC controller? If so, how?
Nope, none of those games can be played
(12-30-2012, 12:47 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, none of those games can be played
Bummer Sad
Wait until the wii-network branch is finished. Tongue
wii-network has nothing to do with netplay and is useless for any game that doesn't support WFC or only has a crappy online multiplayer.
Thanks for the replies guys. Let's hope they get it sorted out soon. Kinda strange how the emu doesn't acknowledge emulated wii remote when playing online. I'm not even worried about lag, since my bro lives only about 10 miles away. Can't wait til this is working. Gonna be so awesome, and will be a serious game changer for me as far as breakthrough features in Dolphin goes.