Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running harvest moon AWL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

supermanbadger

Hey guys, i just started using dolphin and i have harvest moon running at around 30 fps during the entire intro and first part of the day. However i have noticed that when it starts to render the lights in the city, (between 7:00 pm and like 8:00 am game time) it drops all the way to around 10 fps and i find the game incredibly infuriating to play. I have been looking around for solutions but i cant seem to find one that fits my exact problem. Any help would be appreciated, and (yes i have the dolphin settings at the ones it specifies on the site.) These are my specs (copied from canurunit for far cry 3)

CPUMinimum: Intel Core2 Duo E6700/AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+You Have: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

[Image: blue_i.gif]CPU SpeedMinimum: InfoYou Have: 2.3 GHz

[Image: green_checkmark.gif]RAMMinimum: 2 GBYou Have: 5.6 GB

[Image: green_checkmark.gif]Video CardMinimum: Nvidia GTX 8800/AMD Radeon HD 2900 or equivalent 512MB DirectX 9c cardYou Have: AMD Radeon HD 7660G
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video CardRequiredYou Have[Image: green_checkmark_small.gif]Pixel Shader version3.05.0[Image: green_checkmark_small.gif]Vertex Shader version3.05.0[Image: green_checkmark_small.gif]Dedicated Video RAM512 MB512 MB

[Image: green_checkmark.gif]Sound CardMinimum: YesYou Have: AMD High Definition Audio Device (If this is too messy PM me and ill edit it)
Please post questions about specific games in the appropriate thread in Game Discussion. You can find the thread here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-...ife--26644

This is a known issue, the wiki details how the FPS will drop at night time. You'll probably need to get a better computer if you want to get acceptable speeds. Your CPU is not going to go very far in Dolphin for a lot of games.
Try a build of the Hashless branch, I hear it fixes this particular issue. http://dolphin-emu.org/download/branches/

Your mileage may vary when using Hashless with other games; it can either cause speedups, slowdowns, ridiculously massive slowdowns, or graphical glitches. A notable point of improvement is New Super Mario Bros. Wii when using EFB to RAM - the game went from 5-10% to... well, I forget, but a lot more than that.
Try knocking down the resolution at daylight change.