Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Preferred method of ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is your preferred method of ripping and why?
(07-16-2009, 09:23 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2315.html

I'm not too sure what to make of that link. Was I just supposed to read this post?

nosound97 Wrote:Using your Wii again. I'm using homebrew app called Wii Disc Dumper, you can look for it on homebrew channel Smile
The Wifi backup thing is awesome but pity it takes ages to transfer.
Would be better if we could just read Gamecube discs in our PC disc drives... :\
Only takes about 5 minutes or so to backup PS2 games for me and they're roughly 3 times bigger than Gamecube discs
(07-16-2009, 09:51 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]The Wifi backup thing is awesome but pity it takes ages to transfer.
Would be better if we could just read Gamecube discs in our PC disc drives... :\
Only takes about 5 minutes or so to backup PS2 games for me and they're roughly 3 times bigger than Gamecube discs

Yeah, I'm using DVD Dumper (also known as "ISO Dumper") to dump via SD card but that also takes ages. The rate is the same as the network rate (about 300 kb/s) so it takes like 1hr 15m for a GC game and 3x that for a Wii game.

Also, I have another question. Do DVD+Rs work well in the Wii? I only have DVD+Rs at the moment so that's why I'm asking.
(07-16-2009, 09:55 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2009, 09:51 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]The Wifi backup thing is awesome but pity it takes ages to transfer.

Yeah, I'm using DVD Dumper (also known as "ISO Dumper") to dump via SD card but that also takes ages. The rate is the same as the network rate (about 300 kb/s) so it takes like 1hr 15m for a GC game and 3x that for a Wii game.

Also, I have another question. Do DVD+Rs work well in the Wii? I only have DVD+Rs at the moment so that's why I'm asking.

no idea, I only use backups for Dolphin :\
(07-16-2009, 09:59 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]no idea, I only use backups for Dolphin :\

My brother has a habit of somehow wiping his fingers all over the discs (oh, and also scratching them >_>). I'm scared my copy of SSBB may soon be unreadable if I don't back it up now.
(07-16-2009, 10:01 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2009, 09:59 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]no idea, I only use backups for Dolphin :\

My brother has a habit of somehow wiping his fingers all over the discs (oh, and also scratching them >_>). I'm scared my copy of SSBB may soon be unreadable if I don't back it up now.

You may have some trouble with Brawl since it's a dual layer disc... :\
(07-16-2009, 10:05 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]You may have some trouble with Brawl since it's a dual layer disc... :\

ISO Dumper supports dual-layer discs, as far as I know. There are three options before ripping: Gamcube, Wii single-layer, Wii dual-layer.

It was good of Waninkoko to think of all of the Brawl owners out there (of which there a lot of I'm sure).
(07-16-2009, 11:01 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2009, 10:05 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]You may have some trouble with Brawl since it's a dual layer disc... :\

ISO Dumper supports dual-layer discs, as far as I know. There are three options before ripping: Gamcube, Wii single-layer, Wii dual-layer.

It was good of Waninkoko to think of all of the Brawl owners out there (of which there a lot of I'm sure).

I meant burning it to disc and keeping it readable.
As far as I know, SSBB is the only dual layer Wii disc so far.
At least until Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out.
Pages: 1 2