Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Resident Evil Rebirth and Resident Evil 4.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

redxiii46

Good evening,
I am trying to play those 2 games on Dolphin 3.5 with no success so far. I am using the default settings of the emulator and as I see and read everywhere they should be working flawlessly, but, that is not my case.

Resident evil Rebirth doesn't go past the disclaimer about explicit violence and gore displaying this error message:

"Backpatch - no support for operand size 2
Error encountered accessing emulated address 82000000.
Culprit instruction:
movzx eax, word ptr ds:[rbx+rcx]
at 0x10c35bd8"

Resident evil 4 (GC version) gets up to the main menu just fine, but once I select new game and the "loading" writing appears down right once it disappears the screen just stays black, the emulator doesn't crash or report any error message, it just stops. Anyone has any tips? Was looking through the wiki, but rather than some reports about some minor graphical error, there was nothing that justifies such game-halting errors as the ones I am experiencing. Thanks in advance for your help.
This is not the place to ask questions about games. We have the game discussion forums for that. Yes, you can't create threads there for a reason. Look for the corresponding game thread in the game thread index.

Closed.