Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: error : unable to enumerate outputs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cfm59

Hi all,

This is my first post here !

I have recently bought an HP sleekbook 15 laptop which seems to have two graphics cards.

Dolphin works well when I choose DirectX9 Intel HD Graphics 4000 but a little slow !

To increase performance, I tried to select DirectX11 NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M but I had an error "unable to enumerate outputs".

Can someone tell me what's wrong ?

Thank in advance,
cfm59
1st - Try the offical Dolphin 3.5 release
2nd - DX11 is in most cases slower than DX9...
3rd - Make sure your drivers are up.to.date

cfm59

Hi,

I forgot an important think : I 'm on Windows 8.

1st - thanks a lot, this version work well in x64 (the last just work in x32 for me). I think to be in x64 will perhaps solved my speed problem.

2nd - I anderstand but Dx9 do not purpose to work with the NVivia card. It only purpose the Intel HD4000 in the list ???
However, have you any explanation for that ?

3rd - I will verify on the nvidia site but I have actived the HP tool for all drivers. It verify automatically every week.

Thanks,
Cfm.
(12-27-2012, 04:51 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1st - Try the offical Dolphin 3.5 release
2nd - DX11 is in most cases slower than DX9...
3rd - Make sure your drivers are up.to.date
Try right clicking on desktop and going into the Nvidia control panel.
Click manage 3d settings on the left, the select Dolphin from the drop down list.
Set it to use the Nvidia card and restart Dolphin. You may have to open the graphics
properties menu twice, but it should then say Nvidia and be using that card Smile

EDIT: Use Dolphin 3.5, fixed the problem for me (I have an HP laptop also.)