Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have question about IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I played dolphin for a long time,and I have a question about IR (intemal resolution).
My display can only support to 1080P
if I use 3X IR ,could the display get a good effect?
Is the effect same as 1080Ps
And if I use “Auto”. are there some differents between 3XIR . [Image: huh.gif]

Thanks you!
Auto will set the internal resolution to exactly 1920x1080 if that's the resolution you selected.
3x internal resolution is (1920x1584) a big bigger than 1080P and might look better than auto.

Personally I'd recommend using the multipliers as using auto (forced IR) might cause issues with certain games.
If you're going to use auto, make sure you're using the multiple of 640x528 option.
If your monitor has high pixel density , 4xIR is the best option for you
(12-27-2012, 01:39 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]If your monitor has high pixel density , 4xIR is the best option for you
Not to mention it can vastly improve EFB effects if you scale them in some games much more than 3xIR, even though it sounds like an overkill for your real resolution. Twilight Princess' shadows and water come to mind. Also, you don't have to use AA then since a downscaled IR will already do a similar thing.
Quote:Also, you don't have to use AA then since a downscaled IR will already do a similar thing.

Yeah.....no. The effect of high IR on AA is about 95% less effective than any other form of AA.
Thanks for all of you
(12-30-2012, 07:59 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Also, you don't have to use AA then since a downscaled IR will already do a similar thing.
Yeah.....no. The effect of high IR on AA is about 95% less effective than any other form of AA.
It's true, however, if you're already doing 4xIR to get better EFB effects and your card can do it anyway, then you get AA as a side effect. Doing higher IR just to get AA wouldn't be very wise indeed. Smile